LED Outfitters "Traffic Enforcer L-2" dash light

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
From the website:

"The Traffic Enforcer L-2 is a slim, dash-mounted warning light which utilizes Generation III Linear-Tech optics which, unlike TIR technology, disburses the light in a much wider angle. This concept, also known as "off-axis" lighting, aides in the visibility of the warning light to onlookers in traffic, which greatly increases user safety in situations such as intersection clearing. While turned off, it has a clear lens that blends in with the rest of the vehicle. Once activated, it punches out pure color LED warning power. Each light is powered by two light heads consisting of EIGHT - 1 watt LEDs for a total of SIXTEEN LED's. It is available for order in solid or split color combinations. The Traffic Enforcer L-2 packs in 30 astonishing flash patterns, which are selectable by the user via a momentary switch located on the rear of the light. Also included on the back of the light are indicator LEDs which show the flash patterns in play, Hi/Low button for night time use and a Sync port to sync two or more dash lights."

I ordered 3 of these units from elightbars member "ledguy". I received them quickly via. USPS. The packaging was alright. No bubble wrap or anything of the sort, but everything arrived undamaged, so I guess it's a moot point.

On initial inspection, I would describe the units as "flimsy". The housing feels very light, and the plastic is thin. The 12V plug also feels not-very-solid. When I was assembling one of the lights (attaching the windshield bracket to the light head) I pulled the nut insert out of the body of the light head. I'll need to figure out a plan-B for tightening the bracket down so that it doesn't fall off the windshield. The bracket is also shaped in such a way that the light head cannot be positioned at 90deg to the mounting surface (for example, if you were trying to mount this to the back window of a pickup truck).

There are quite a few features that I do like though! There are several sync ports on the unit. If the light heads are close enough to one another, you can sync them through ports in the body of the light heads, OR if the plugs are close together you can use the sync ports in the 12V plugs themselves. The plug also has a momentary switch for changing the patterns (there's also a pattern button on the light head).

The light head itself performs quite well! The lights "pop" even through glare.

All-in-all I am happy that I bought these lights when ledguy had his big sale. At the "regular price" I would save up a few more bucks and buy something "brand named" with a higher build quality. The lights will work just fine for what I need. All I need to do is make a few "tweaks".

I would give this product a 5-out-of-10.

Packaging:

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://inlinethumb26.webshots.com/44633/2260656510079783134S600x600Q85.jpg[/URL]

All the pieces:

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2188830990079783134dodWTD

[Broken External Image]:http://inlinethumb41.webshots.com/29480/2188830990079783134S600x600Q85.jpg

Bad nut inserts:

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://inlinethumb41.webshots.com/47976/2946688360079783134S600x600Q85.jpg[/URL]

Day-time video:

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
What does the cigar plug have on it? On/off and a pattern selector or just the on/off. Do you have a picture?

Thanks

LED

May 25, 2010
New England, MA
This retails on their site for $139.99, No offense but I feel you could have purchased a higher quality light NIB from someone on the board for much less.

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
LED said:
This retails on their site for $139.99, No offense but I feel you could have purchased a higher quality light NIB from someone on the board for much less.

I did, and I did, lol.

LEDguy was running a sale on the board, $60 per light when I bought mine.

I didn't have time to upload the other pictures last night when I got home from work.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaf10596

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.