LED Par 36 bulbs

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Lacks the "pop" of a sealed beam or rotating reflector with a halogen bulb combo in a rotating light, but good for steady burn/flashing/flood lights.  That's my dos centavos, take it for what it is worth.

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
I think Stan is right. The flash of a sealed-beam comes from a single light source (the filament) reaching a perfectly centered, singular focus that is perpendicular to the eye for less than a second on each rotation. The LED par-36 bulbs still require multiple light sources (diodes) that haven't been singularly focused like the halogens are. I'd like to see that happen though. Not sure why they haven't. Compare LED flashlights of multi-diode beams versus single-diode beams. The single-diode flashlights seem brighter and offer more of a "pop" when moved just the right way. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
The ones that I've seen and used have been nice and bright.   I had a pair that came from Able-2/ShoMe mounted in common PAR36 housing, like used on foglights, etc.  Both were red and came with a proper flasher which I liked because you could get multiple flash patterns.  Midland Sheriff's Office has used the same lights in blue on the rear decks of their cruisers for several years and they can be seen for a good distance.  Now, both their lights and the pair I had were Generation I LEDs, so I'm sure that the ones available now are brighter.   A paramedic friend of mine who lives near El Paso had a pair of PAR-36 Generation III from SpeedTech bumper mounted on his Suburban. And even considering the source, they were quite bright.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.