LED Spot/Flood Photos?

Phillyrube

May 21, 2010
Flatistan
Hey, I'm looking to put some aux driving lights on an old Honda Pacific Coast I picked up.  Electrical system won't support the amps for a pair of 55w driving lights, so looking into LED.  There are a couple of good ones out there, specifically the Clearwater brand of lights, but at $600 for a pair, I'm thinking something else.  Rigid lights look good, but still pricey.  Northern tool has a batch there that I can get into for under a bill, but they look mostly flood pattern.

I thought about my next favorite light site, Candlepower Forums, but the moderators in the auto section are fast to nuke your thread if it looks illegal ( I recommended using a TIR3 style light as an aux brake light and got banned for a month).

Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
How is using a tir 3 as an aux brake light illegal?

Also many here highly recommend lifetime led branded stuff.

Personally I have rigid and Whelen slimline pioneers.

tvsjr

Oct 7, 2012
TX
I've used Rigid lights previously, but we purchased a Lifetime LED stick from Joe for a recent build (the 22.5" model with the deep reflectors). Very impressive - blows my 20" Rigid away at less than half the money.

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
ai1325.photobucket.com_albums_u626_aphoenixrising13_Mobile_20U6de476c559d89850e888d57187ba29af.jpg

Feniex Titans 100x in daylight. At night they are 2x brighter than my stock fog lights, as shown below.

Garage is approx 25 ft from vehicle. Flash used in first pic to show distance, flash not used in lighting pics.

ai1325.photobucket.com_albums_u626_aphoenixrising13_75C03561_6cb12f91285b4cbe3755bd49b556946b0.jpg

Stock Fog Lights Only

ai1325.photobucket.com_albums_u626_aphoenixrising13_Mobile_20Ucc15f677d5e0f1f238daae16854c1801.jpg

With one pair of Feniex Titan 100X Only

ai1325.photobucket.com_albums_u626_aphoenixrising13_Mobile_20Ubeeda634ed230d32d70c81f1ae951920.jpg

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

Phillyrube

May 21, 2010
Flatistan
How is using a tir 3 as an aux brake light illegal?

There are a couple of guys on there that really think along the straight and narrow.  No discussions on HID retrofits (illegal anyways)  and there is spirited discussion on the legalities of the LED lightstrip/bars starting to show up.  For me, I just want to be seen well enogh so some blue hair/Q-tip or mobile phone booth operator doesn't turn in front of me.
PM me, I'm running a summer sale on Lifetime LED products
 Thanks, that Light Bazooka looks like a winner, price is a bit steep, but I'm finding that on all the quality LED off road lights.  Check the prices on the Clearwater lights...$600 a pair?  WOW!!

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Thanks, that Light Bazooka looks like a winner, price is a bit steep, but I'm finding that on all the quality LED off road lights. Check the prices on the Clearwater lights...$600 a pair? WOW!!
Never heard of Clearwater lights.

As always my fellow elb addicts get a better price than what's on the lifetime website.

Reactions: wilsonbr90
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
PM me, I'm running a summer sale on Lifetime LED products
As always my fellow elb addicts get a better price than what's on the lifetime website.
I assume this included the LED Headlight Bulbs...?  I think my new ride is screaming for a set for the Highs...  lol

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
Check out Lamphus brand LED's.  They're chinese, yeah.  They sell crappy "emergency vehicle lighting" as well.  But I bought a pair of their 6-diode off-road lights for my Jeep in the flood pattern, and I am impressed.  They were on my Jeep while it sat outside in an Iowa winter and there is no rust at all so far.  I've smashed them into trees while Jeeping.  Very high quality, I think they were $40/ea.  They are available in 60* flood and 30* spot as well.  I bought the floods because they're only for a low-speed offroad application.  I bought them on a whim because of the price, but I'll be going with them when I upgrade my A-pillar mounted lights as well.  Probably not as high of quality or actual output as a Rigid or Lifetime, but for the money, I don't think they can be beat.

http://www.online-led-store.com/off-road-atv-jeep-light-bar-p/orzledlbr104.htm

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Someone needs to come out with a 5 degree 10 degree and or 15 degree optic. I'll be buying that.

Fake edit. I know rigid already has with their hyperspot. Some more economically priced options need to come to market.

Reactions: wilsonbr90

tvsjr

Oct 7, 2012
TX
Laws of physics... you aren't going to get a 10-degree spot without having a serious reflector, short of doing some really fancy (and *expensive*) optics.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linhhamchoi

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.