leds on dodge ram tow mirrors?

frfighter15

May 24, 2010
Waukesha, WI
Hi everyone. Has anyone ever put led lightheads on dodge ram tow mirrors or any mirror for that matter and the easiest way to go about it? I have never done anything of that sort before and looking for your expert opinions.

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
Pop the glass out gently and you should be able to snake the wires threw the middle of the arm. Start from mirror end and push wires tward the cab end.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
He got some Axixtech (spelling?) leds. They are the kind that will have to be mounted under the mirror. I told him some surface mount Ions or something like that would have looked better.

May 24, 2010
PG County, MD
Eric1249 said:
He got some Axixtech (spelling?) leds. They are the kind that will have to be mounted under the mirror. I told him some surface mount Ions or something like that would have looked better.

Sounds like either MS3 series or MS6 series light heads. In either case, Axixtech makes a surface mount version. Have him check with the dealer and see if they will trade them for surface mounts and refund the difference.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
SlickTop Solutions said:
Sounds like either MS3 series or MS6 series light heads. In either case, Axixtech makes a surface mount version. Have him check with the dealer and see if they will trade them for surface mounts and refund the difference.

I can get him Whelen Ions and I suggested surface mount. He wanted the other style. So they will hang below the mirrors. I then suggested Intersectors but he doesn't like those either. I will be curious to see how it looks when its done

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesseclark2448

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.