LEDX wiring/controller question

mcpd2025

May 20, 2010
Maryland, USA
I have a bunch of Code 3 LEDX modules in my lightbar. They have a circuit board on one side and the LED module on the other side, connected together with 2 wires. Do I need the circuit board, or is that just a flasher? Could I get rid of the circuit boards and attach the LED modules directly to a flasher, or is the circuit board neccessary to control voltage and other electrical stuff that I don't understand?

This is an Optix module for reference.

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m244/spoon059/th_IMAG0563.jpg[/URL][Broken External Image]:[URL]http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m244/spoon059/th_IMAG0562.jpg[/URL]

Could I simply take the LEDX or Optix LED modules off the lightbar mount and attach them directly to a LED flasher and not use the circuit board on the back?

Jtsou

Nov 6, 2011
NC
With that many electronics, I would have to say it is not only a flasher but also voltage regulators/etc.

mcpd2025

May 20, 2010
Maryland, USA
Jtsou said:
With that many electronics, I would have to say it is not only a flasher but also voltage regulators/etc.
Thats what I was afraid of... Does anyone know if there is an LED flasher that controls voltage as well?

Hoser said:
it has a built in flasher, if you hook them up to a power source they will flash.
Yes, but Code 3 didn't include a way to syncronize the LED heads, so it just gives a jumble of light. I bought a LED flasher to attempt to sync all the lights, but some of the LEDX modules do not have a feature to allow me to set them to steady burn, so it doesn't really syncronize.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
I'd emailed Code 3 a couple months ago with a similar question. The LED boards do NOT run off 12 volts. I thought/remember 36?? maybe. So, you're SOL.

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
it looks from the pic that the yellow adg gray wires go to the led head itself. if thats the case take a tester and check the output at the connector

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.