Lens removal for Whelen 900 Series Super-LEDs

wolfman

May 21, 2010
Scranton, PA
Historically I've always dealt with older Whelen 900 series Super-LED where you can remove and replace lenses on these units. I just got in a new Road Rescue unit with the single level 900 series, and was asked to change the lenses on them.

It seems like the lenses have been either glued, epoxied, or plastic welded to the back of the housings. No matter what method I use (prying, pushing from behind), I can't seem to get the lenses off. I pulled a NOS 2014 version off my replacement shelf, and it seems like I can't remove that either. My older models - 2010 and prior, no issues removing lenses.

Does anyone know when Whelen changed this? Guessing sometime around 2012-2013. Any suggestions?

wolfman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.