Let's try something different...Equip my truck...

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
Hey guys, don't know if this has been done here before or not, but I'm looking for ideas to equip my truck, but I'd like you to put your creativity to use and use the pictures provided and photoshop, MS paint, or whatever to help me visualize your ideas.

I will be running unopposed this fall for an assistant chief position at my local volunteer FD, so the truck will respond to both the station and scenes.

Please keep in mind that I don't have the budget of an organization, all lights/equipment will be purchased by me on a limited budget.

As far as colors, Red and clear to the front and sides, and a mixture or red, amber and blue to the rear is called for.

Tech specs on the truck: 2011 Ford F-150 XLT Supercrew, 4x4.

Pics:

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s121/EMT322636/100_0921_zps0f258e6d.jpg[/URL]

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s121/EMT322636/100_0922_zps4c8d7dd4.jpg[/URL]

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s121/EMT322636/100_0925_zpsf837a24f.jpg[/URL]

Have fun!

**Please no replies, PM's or emails with sale offers at this time, thanks.

TX_Mark

Jun 17, 2013
San Antonio,TX
First off

1. What's your budget?

2. Light bar exterior or interior?

3. Do you want a handheld siren or a console mounted siren?

4. Big/busy intersections when responding?

5. Do you plan on adding a grill guard?

That cab will give you some good mounting possibilities for side lighting without having to use the side of your actual truck.

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
TX_Mark said:
First off

1. What's your budget?

That cab will give you some good mounting possibilities for side lighting without having to use the side of your actual truck.

1. Budget is unknown right now, but not going to be huge. Chinese lights will be a no go, I'd rather save a bit longer for a quality product.

2. I'm torn on this. I could go either way at this point.

3. I wasn't going to discuss a siren here, just because I wanted a more visual thing.

4. Rural area with some Interstate coverage, but still some intersections controlled and some not. Hope that makes sense.

5. Grill guard is not in the plans at this time.

TX_Mark

Jun 17, 2013
San Antonio,TX
emt322636 said:
1. Budget is unknown right now, but not going to be huge. Chinese lights will be a no go, I'd rather save a bit longer for a quality product.
2. I'm torn on this. I could go either way at this point.

3. I wasn't going to discuss a siren here, just because I wanted a more visual thing.

4. Rural area with some Interstate coverage, but still some intersections controlled and some not. Hope that makes sense.

5. Grill guard is not in the plans at this time.

Defiantly no Chinese lights lol.. You can get quality here in the sales thread when ready..

Being you said you have some interstate and some controlled/uncontrolled intersections I would defiantly go with an external Light bar, but then again that would depend on the amount of traffic that flows through those areas...

Obviously 360 lighting is what you want. I'm not gonna rattle off name brands and items.. But I think for the front a good external Light bar with some larger grill lights and maybe a dash light for a throw light.

Sides I would use the camper shell to your benefit and put some larger solid color light heads on that for side warning, or something inside behind the windows of the camper.

For the rear a bar with warning patterns and directional patterns along with some tir3's under the tailgate or license plate. Possibly add some HAW's in the front and rear. Simple cost effective and visible set-up.

MATT3045

May 23, 2010
Akron Ohio area
TX_Mark said:
First off

1. What's your budget?

What about a used Vector, Smart Vector, or Vision? Add a couple of LEDs in the grill and somewhere in the back. The one post on here of a Vector with 2 smart pods and he also put some LEDs in. My thought is, if you ever have to go back to blues, it would be a lot cheaper to buy some blue lenses vs a whole new lightbar. That is just my opinion.

Unless you have a huge budget to get a dual color bar, I think a rotator with lenses is your best bet. Add some supplemental modern lighting and call it a day.

Also, if you are a more rural area, the bar should provide enough lighting. Add some extra warning and I think you will be more than ave and happy.

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
MATT3045 said:
What about a used Vector, Smart Vector, or Vision? Add a couple of LEDs in the grill and somewhere in the back. The one post on here of a Vector with 2 smart pods and he also put some LEDs in. My thought is, if you ever have to go back to blues, it would be a lot cheaper to buy some blue lenses vs a whole new lightbar. That is just my opinion.

Unless you have a huge budget to get a dual color bar, I think a rotator with lenses is your best bet. Add some supplemental modern lighting and call it a day.

Also, if you are a more rural area, the bar should provide enough lighting. Add some extra warning and I think you will be more than ave and happy.

I'd rather stay with LED's, and no worries about going back to blue, as the mini bar you see in the pics is a duo bar blue and amber, so I'd put that back on.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Here is what I'b personally do...

Front:

4 Cobra T-6s in the grill and a HLF

Ford Front.jpg

Side:

A Cobra T-6 or Dual T-6 in the side window of your cap as far forward as possible.

Ford Side.jpg

Rear:

2 Feniex Cobra Dual T-6s in the back window mounted up high.

Ford Rear.jpg

Then what ever mini bar or interior bar you prefer...

Quentin

May 21, 2010
Lancaster, Nebraska
I like the smart vector with T/A, HLF and TLF.

You will have full 360 and won't hurt budget.

And for siren I'd go Touchmaster Delta with two AS124

IMHO this would be the best POV. It's Perfect amount of lighting and it is not overkill.

I am thinking about removing my Valor and putting my Smart Vector on :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

tvsjr

Oct 7, 2012
TX
MATT3045 said:

He's not sure if he wants a lightbar... and you want him to go with a Vector/Vision? The biggest, ugliest lightbar on the planet? Yeah, I went there.

Now, for the OP:

I have an 09 F150 Supercrew with an ARE DCU (commercial, aluminum) topper on the back and a Ranch Hand front end replacement. You might consider a grille guard as a mounting platform. My solution is:

Front:

Whelen InnerEdge C/R/R/R/R R/R/R/R/C

HLF

2x 600-series Linear, RED

Rigid 20" E-series driving light (also good for moving traffic at *long* distance!)

2x LINZ6 R/C for intersection warning (no, they don't flash simultaneously, so no pink/split fail)

Side (each)

2x LINZ6 R/B mounted fore and aft of toolboxes

Rear

TAD83 TIR3 traffic advisor

4x 600-series R/R/B/B, on rear doors, arranged in a square, firing color over color

2x TIR3 amber, lower corners

Woo-woo

4x SA314P speakers

Cencom Red

Alpha22Q (pre-lawsuit variety)

Custom Cencom programming allowing selection of all four tones (wail/yelp/piercer/hilo) plus all 3 tones of the Alpha (mech, whoop, warble)

It's sufficient.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
tvsjr said:
He's not sure if he wants a lightbar... and you want him to go with a Vector/Vision? The biggest, ugliest lightbar on the planet? Yeah, I went there.

Now, for the OP:

I have an 09 F150 Supercrew with an ARE DCU (commercial, aluminum) topper on the back and a Ranch Hand front end replacement. You might consider a grille guard as a mounting platform. My solution is:

Front:

Whelen InnerEdge C/R/R/R/R R/R/R/R/C

HLF

2x 600-series Linear, RED

Rigid 20" E-series driving light (also good for moving traffic at *long* distance!)

2x LINZ6 R/C for intersection warning (no, they don't flash simultaneously, so no pink/split fail)

Side (each)

2x LINZ6 R/B mounted fore and aft of toolboxes

Rear

TAD83 TIR3 traffic advisor

4x 600-series R/R/B/B, on rear doors, arranged in a square, firing color over color

2x TIR3 amber, lower corners

Woo-woo

4x SA314P speakers

Cencom Red

Alpha22Q (pre-lawsuit variety)

Custom Cencom programming allowing selection of all four tones (wail/yelp/piercer/hilo) plus all 3 tones of the Alpha (mech, whoop, warble)

It's sufficient.

So some pics.

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
TritonBoulder47 said:
Here is what I'b personally do...

Front:

4 Cobra T-6s in the grill and a HLF

View attachment 56401

Side:

A Cobra T-6 or Dual T-6 in the side window of your cap as far forward as possible.

View attachment 56402

Rear:

2 Feniex Cobra Dual T-6s in the back window mounted up high.

View attachment 56403

Then what ever mini bar or interior bar you prefer...

Awesome, exactly what I was talking about.

Now, I'm thinking that front grill area might be a tad overkill.

Also, I'd be interested in replacing the fog lights with a PAR light of some sort, but I don't want to lose the driving light function. In todays age of DUO LED's, is there such a beast as a white driving light that can flash red?

Everyone else, awesome suggestions, thank you, keep them coming! I'm going to be working on a few ideas of my own.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Nice Truck!

FRONT:

--vehicle specific SOS pinnacle or inner edge, OR liberty (populated only to the front), justice, legend lpx, or pinnacle

--pair of solid red M6

--HLF

SIDES:

--SOS intersectors (red) beneath mirror

--Red ion/ghost/E6 lightheads in the bed window (at the mimimum, have 1 in the window above the "4x4" so you have rear side coverage; then, when funding arises, you can add another closer to the C-post)

REAR:

--TIR3 D6 R/R/A/A/R/R or Duo Color SMM red/amber stick on the rear headliner

--1 red and 1 amber linz6 on rear LP bracket

I highly recommend against LAWs in the reverse light housings; they are tiny housings that don't provide much reflector for enhancing the LAW footprint.

Beneath the center console, there is plenty of space for a siren/controller brain; we put a FedSig 650 siren there on a '10 F-150

Since you don't want to go overboard on the budget, I recommend staying away from LAWs for now; focus on a good lightbar & some nice lightheads for perimeter warning that will produce big, solid foot prints. The only LAW spot that I personally like on the

newer F150's is the fog light housing

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
emt322636 said:
Awesome, exactly what I was talking about.

Now, I'm thinking that front grill area might be a tad overkill.

Have you seen my grill...? lol

emt322636 said:
Also, I'd be interested in replacing the fog lights with a PAR light of some sort, but I don't want to lose the driving light function. In todays age of DUO LED's, is there such a beast as a white driving light that can flash red?

Everyone else, awesome suggestions, thank you, keep them coming! I'm going to be working on a few ideas of my own.

Yes, Whelen makes a fog light/warning light combo... White for fog/driving light and color warning...

http://www.whelen.com/install/145/14518.pdf

Or you can use a Feniex Cannon... They are a dual color/dual mode lighthead...

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
pdk9 said:
Nice Truck!

FRONT:

--vehicle specific SOS pinnacle or inner edge, OR liberty (populated only to the front), justice, legend lpx, or pinnacle

--pair of solid red M6

--HLF

SIDES:

--SOS intersectors (red) beneath mirror

--Red ion/ghost/E6 lightheads in the bed window (at the mimimum, have 1 in the window above the "4x4" so you have rear side coverage; then, when funding arises, you can add another closer to the C-post)

REAR:

--TIR3 D6 R/R/A/A/R/R or Duo Color SMM red/amber stick on the rear headliner

--1 red and 1 amber linz6 on rear LP bracket

I highly recommend against LAWs in the reverse light housings; they are tiny housings that don't provide much reflector for enhancing the LAW footprint.

Beneath the center console, there is plenty of space for a siren/controller brain; we put a FedSig 650 siren there on a '10 F-150

Since you don't want to go overboard on the budget, I recommend staying away from LAWs for now; focus on a good lightbar & some nice lightheads for perimeter warning that will produce big, solid foot prints. The only LAW spot that I personally like on the

newer F150's is the fog light housing

I really like this setup, I really like the idea of the SOS intersectors, always loved those lights since they came out. LAWs for me are pretty much not going to happen, because unless I find a local installer that will cut me a hell of a deal, all the work will be done by myself and maybe 1 helper, not to mention the cost versus light output, which I'm not convinced is worth it.

Where would you mount the M6's? I'd really like to avoid having that big a light sticking out of the grill, would love to utilize the larger side areas of the grille.

Jeremy0966

Aug 12, 2012
Idaho
Front;

R/R dual Avenger above RVM

Red wide angel Ion's mounted on mirrors

Red Ion's grille (X pattern with mirror Ion's)

Clear LAW's in turn signals and fogs (x pattern)

HLF 90-100 FPM

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n114_jeremy0966_100_0921_zps7441e96a.jpg

Side;

Clear Soundoff Intersector under mirror

Single Red avenger in canopy window

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n114_jeremy0966_100_0922_zpse0e0cb4e.jpg

Rear;

Tam85 with red ends

Linz6's red mounted on LP brakcet

Red LAW's in brake and turn signal's

Blue LAW's in reverse lights (Blue law's alternate with red law's in x pattern

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n114_jeremy0966_100_0925_zps4a2064b8.jpg

Quentin

May 21, 2010
Lancaster, Nebraska
Front:

Federal Signal ILS duo color Red/White

2 Whelen M7 with chrome flange R/R mounted on the each side of the Ford Emblem.

Whelen HLF

Side:

2 Whelen V-Series W/W on the mirrors sync with the grill lights for the X pattern

2 Whelen M7 in the shell. R/A

Back:

Federal Signal duo Signal Master T/A R/A

2 Whelen M6 R/R mounted to the tail gate

Whelen TLF

Wired up so white only comes on in mode 3

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

May 27, 2013
NY
Jeremy0966 said:
Front;

R/R dual Avenger above RVM

Red wide angel Ion's mounted on mirrors

Red Ion's grille (X pattern with mirror Ion's)

Clear LAW's in turn signals and fogs (x pattern)

HLF 90-100 FPM

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n114_jeremy0966_100_0921_zps7441e96a.jpg

Side;

Clear Soundoff Intersector under mirror

Single Red avenger in canopy window

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n114_jeremy0966_100_0922_zpse0e0cb4e.jpg

Rear;

Tam85 with red ends

Linz6's red mounted on LP brakcet

Red LAW's in brake and turn signal's

Blue LAW's in reverse lights (Blue law's alternate with red law's in x pattern

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n114_jeremy0966_100_0925_zps4a2064b8.jpg

I like this except instead of a red/red dual avenger in the windshield, I'd go with a red/white, and for the intersectors, I'd go with red not clear.... For the rear lightbar I'd do red/blue/amber or find some way to have blue integrated into the back since he is not going with LAW's.

For the rear, I personally would go with red/blue over red/amber if you had to choose between the two OP... Think NYPD... Many of their vehicles don't even have amber to the rear anymore, its just red/blue.... Many ambulance co's in NYC are doing the same as well.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
emt322636 said:
I really like this setup, I really like the idea of the SOS intersectors, always loved those lights since they came out. LAWs for me are pretty much not going to happen, because unless I find a local installer that will cut me a hell of a deal, all the work will be done by myself and maybe 1 helper, not to mention the cost versus light output, which I'm not convinced is worth it.

Where would you mount the M6's? I'd really like to avoid having that big a light sticking out of the grill, would love to utilize the larger side areas of the grille.

I'd "sandwich mount" (as I call it) the lightheads on each side of the ford logo by placing 2 small pieces of aluminum behind the grill for the lighthead to mount to (long screws and washers will cost you like $1 total at lowes)

The thing that I like about having something like an M series or quadraflare in front of the grill is:

A) linear vis (which u don't get behind the grill or in vertical slots) and no obstruction of the lighthead (as u would with lights mounted behind grill)

B) easy for anyone to mount

C) most importantly, for a POV, no permanent holes/drilling required

I consider grill lights to be a form of primary warning on many pickups/SUVs b/c they'll be level with the RVM of most sedans that you're pulling up behind, so I recommend large, solid color lightheads there

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
What about doing a 4 or 6 module warning bar in the front grille? I think this would provide a big footprint up front.

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
I don't have Jeremy's photoshop skills, but here goes...

Here is what I've put together from the ideas so far, thanks everyone.

Front:

Interior lightbar, I really like the looks over the SOS Pinnacle, but I'm concerned that due to the way the F-150 is set up, I may need a bar that can be split, so an Inner Edge might be needed. I also like having the clear in the middle, I'd rather they flash but if they could also be takedowns, that'd be nice. I don't find myself using takedowns very often but having the option would be nice.

M7's or similar ON the grill, mounted as pdk9 suggested, simply for ease of installation.

Red PAR warning/White driving lights if the funds are there, I'd like these synced with the grill.

HLF

Everything on a slower pattern.

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s121/EMT322636/100_0921_zpsb1467c23.jpg[/URL]

Sides:

Will start with the SOS and add the avenger/viper/etc when money allows.

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s121/EMT322636/100_0922_zps0807c722.jpg[/URL]

Rear:

I want to do an 8 head light stick, such as the SOS Ultralight or Feniex Cobra 800, but I want the ability to have the ends red and blue, and the amber in the middle to be a TA.

Also, if funds allow, two lights on the LP bracket, if possible, synced with the red and blue on the upper stick.

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s121/EMT322636/100_0925_zps564644e8.jpg[/URL]

So what's the hive mind think? What do you guys think I'd be looking at price-wise for this?

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
emt322636 said:
So what's the hive mind think? What do you guys think I'd be looking at price-wise for this?

I like that setup! Also, Feniex has a vehicle specific interior light bar for the F150.

I'd estimate between $1000-1300 depending on if the equipment is used or new for cost. Maybe a little more or less.

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
Tom said:
I like that setup! Also, Feniex has a vehicle specific interior light bar for the F150.

I'd estimate between $1000-1300 depending on if the equipment is used or new for cost. Maybe a little more or less.

I see that, it looks nice but so far I'm leaning towards the pinnacle, if I could see them both in person it'd help a lot. A nice thing I just found was a video Sirennet did on youtube with a truck almost exactly like mine, New style F-150 with a cap, same grille style and everything, they had a SOS pinnacle, intersectors, and a 6 head ultralight in the back, and it looked reallly nice.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
emt322636 said:
I don't have Jeremy's photoshop skills, but here goes...

Here is what I've put together from the ideas so far, thanks everyone.

Front:

Interior lightbar, I really like the looks over the SOS Pinnacle, but I'm concerned that due to the way the F-150 is set up, I may need a bar that can be split, so an Inner Edge might be needed. I also like having the clear in the middle, I'd rather they flash but if they could also be takedowns, that'd be nice. I don't find myself using takedowns very often but having the option would be nice.

M7's or similar ON the grill, mounted as pdk9 suggested, simply for ease of installation.

Red PAR warning/White driving lights if the funds are there, I'd like these synced with the grill.

HLF

Everything on a slower pattern.

Sides:

Will start with the SOS and add the avenger/viper/etc when money allows.

Rear:

I want to do an 8 head light stick, such as the SOS Ultralight or Feniex Cobra 800, but I want the ability to have the ends red and blue, and the amber in the middle to be a TA.

Also, if funds allow, two lights on the LP bracket, if possible, synced with the red and blue on the upper stick.

The 1 piece pinnacle does come with vehicle specific F-150 option for your generation of the F-150's, but they also have a universal 2-piece model. Either way, I don think you'll have a problem and, unless you have any electronics in it (ie compass), it's not like you're really using you're RVM with a camper shell/ bed cover. I would say flash the ' series in the grill together (since any grill light gets washed out to a certain extent at night) and flash the interior bar fast (fast up front to get attention, and slow to the rear to warn without blinding). As for the pinnacle pattern, a big footprint (entire red driver side alternating with entire red passenger side, with clear wigwag TD's, is the way to go; it's simple and effective)

As for the side, I think you should go with a TIR6/E6 or a lighthead instead of the avenger/viper; Don't get me wrong, I love the avengers and the vipers, but I really don't think you need an interior windshield mount light, when a surface mount (which can cost up to $50 less than a single viper/avenger) can do the same job in the back of a pickup bed while taking up a lot less space. Also TIR is a good idea IMO because there is some tint in those windows

As for the rear stick, out of the 2 you mentioned, I'd go with the SOS; I like their products, they've been well time-tested, and the ultralite is very slim. Have you considered the strobes n more E66 duo color lightstick that I mentioned earlier? It flashes red and blue (for your response mode) but you can set the whole stick to be an amber TA (when on the side of the road); I think the duo color is a lot more effective than flashing ends, because I feel that the flashing ends tend to be washed out on the dominators/ultralite. It's $250, so it's cheaper than the other sticks mentioned, but the SNM products have a pretty good rep here on the board

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
pdk9 said:
The 1 piece pinnacle does come with vehicle specific F-150 option for your generation of the F-150's, but they also have a universal 2-piece model. Either way, I don think you'll have a problem and, unless you have any electronics in it (ie compass), it's not like you're really using you're RVM with a camper shell/ bed cover. I would say flash the ' series in the grill together (since any grill light gets washed out to a certain extent at night) and flash the interior bar fast (fast up front to get attention, and slow to the rear to warn without blinding). As for the pinnacle pattern, a big footprint (entire red driver side alternating with entire red passenger side, with clear wigwag TD's, is the way to go; it's simple and effective)

As for the side, I think you should go with a TIR6/E6 or a lighthead instead of the avenger/viper; Don't get me wrong, I love the avengers and the vipers, but I really don't think you need an interior windshield mount light, when a surface mount (which can cost up to $50 less than a single viper/avenger) can do the same job in the back of a pickup bed while taking up a lot less space. Also TIR is a good idea IMO because there is some tint in those windows

As for the rear stick, out of the 2 you mentioned, I'd go with the SOS; I like their products, they've been well time-tested, and the ultralite is very slim. Have you considered the strobes n more E66 duo color lightstick that I mentioned earlier? It flashes red and blue (for your response mode) but you can set the whole stick to be an amber TA (when on the side of the road); I think the duo color is a lot more effective than flashing ends, because I feel that the flashing ends tend to be washed out on the dominators/ultralite. It's $250, so it's cheaper than the other sticks mentioned, but the SNM products have a pretty good rep here on the board

I hadn't, but looking at it just now, that may be the way I'll go, since funds will probably restrict me just to the pinnacle/feniex front bar and something for the rear at first. The minibar in the pictures is a Strobes n More duo, and I've been happy with it, so I think I may have to give the warning/TA bar a try. Can that be wired into a normal light/siren controller then a separate TA box or does it come in a self contained controller? I couldn't quite tell from the video.

SNOW SYSTEMS

Sep 26, 2010
Illinois
I think there are a lot of overboard opinions. I think you could keep it simple and keep the price down. 2 grill lights, a dash light, rear licensee plate lights and 4 head hideaway kit led or strobe if you want to go further. Oh and keep the mini responder too.

NYBLS

Oct 13, 2010
NY,USA
SNOW SYSTEMS said:
I think there are a lot of overboard opinions. I think you could keep it simple and keep the price down. 2 grill lights, a dash light, rear licensee plate lights and 4 head hideaway kit led or strobe if you want to go further. Oh and keep the mini responder too.

I would usually agree with you but as a chief he may be arriving at a scene before anyone else and using his vehicle to block. While not the best, its reality. I think he needs more than some rear LP lights and HAWs if he is running blocker for any period of time.

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
NYBLS said:
I would usually agree with you but as a chief he may be arriving at a scene before anyone else and using his vehicle to block. While not the best, its reality. I think he needs more than some rear LP lights and HAWs if he is running blocker for any period of time.

Thanks for the opinions guys, I think both have merit. I think due to budget, to start I'll just be going with the interior bar, probably the Pinnacle, the rear dual color stick in the rear, with red/blue for warning and amber for TA, and for secondary warning, either the fog/warning lights or the M series grill lights, whichever is cheaper. If money allows I'll also try to do the LP lights in the back.

Then add the SOS intersectors and other stuff later on.

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
For an interior lightbar with flashing and solid takedowns, look at CPS Authority's UVT and UVL lightbars (TIR and Linear, respectively).

They are an amazing deal, and two of our chiefs have them and love them. I'd go with the UVL if it were up to me, and two TIR style grill lights

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
This is what I would do.

Front:

-CPS Authority UVL Lightbar

-Whelen TIR3 grill lights

-Red HAW's in fogs

-HLF (yellow stars)

Rear:

-CPS Phaser 8 LN6 light stick

-Whelen TIR3's or linear lights on bumper (so they're visible from a wider angle than being tucked in with the plate)

-Blue HAW's in reverse lights

ai759.photobucket.com_albums_xx233_codycat91_null_zps0cbc6b17.png

ai759.photobucket.com_albums_xx233_codycat91_null_zpsb4992ad4.png

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
codycat91 said:
For an interior lightbar with flashing and solid takedowns, look at CPS Authority's UVT and UVL lightbars (TIR and Linear, respectively).

They are an amazing deal, and two of our chiefs have them and love them. I'd go with the UVL if it were up to me, and two TIR style grill lights

I'd have to suggest not going with CPS. If you're looking for a cheaper interior bar, check out Tom @ AWL AWL Venom Interior Light Bar The venom is plenty bright and since AWL stopped working with Damega, I can only assume the quality has increased. CPS has a bad rep here on ELB.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.