Liberty scanlock wire question

lafd04

Jul 14, 2010
CT
I'm moving my Liberty from my old truck to the new truck and as I'm rereading the manual I know it says you can't hook up more then 1 set of lights to use the scanlock feature but why? I have 4 amber modules in the rear that i'd like to use 1 switch for but still be able to change the flash patters for plowing and faster the rest of the year to keep up with the rest of the bar.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Because you set the pattern for each pair of lightheads separately. If you had the thing all wired up and turned on, and went to switch patterns, you'd advance the whole bar, not just the select lightheads.

Theoretically, if you only had one pair to the front and one pair to the rear that you wanted to change, you could wire those up on a separate switch, and change the patterns from there with a momentary button on the scanlock wire. This is what I'm gathering you're wanting to do.

psteele

May 20, 2010
43.864776 -71.635851
If I understand your question correctly, here is what I would do...

Set the entire bar to the pattern that you want to use.

Wire the bar so that only the amber light heads are on switch 1 and all rest is on switch 2.

Wire a momentary switch for the scanlock wire.

To change the amber pattern turn on JUST the amber heads and then use the momentary switch to change the pattern.

When you're done for the season turn on JUST the amber heads again and use the momentary switch to change the pattern back to match the rest of your bar.

Just keep in mind that the scanlock wire will change the pattern on whatever lighthead(s) are active. Also, given enough switches and your application you could turn on each set of lights individually... so you could have front flashers, rear flashers, corners only, rear only... etc.

lafd04

Jul 14, 2010
CT
That's what I'm looking for, to be able to change both sets of the amber heads from a slower pattern in the winter to a faster pattern in spring to keep up with the rest of the bar. In the last truck I had every set of light heads on 1 switch but I don't need that many switchs in the new truck.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.