Light bar advice request

tecster

Dec 1, 2011
Connecticut
Looking for some advice as far as what to look at when purchasing a Interior LED Light bar... I've got some specifics due to state law and such which I've listed below...any advice would be appreciated :) thanks!

Must be :

Blue/Clear/Amber (No Red)

High mount (above mirror)

Not requiring a power supply (would like to hardwire to something in my truck? if possible...)

I've seen the LED Stealth Commander Visor Light from Extreme Tactical Dynamics and thats something I'm looking into, that style that is. Any helpful tips or decent priced places to purchase would be helpful! Thanks guys...

Also, anyone who has done an install on a 06(ish) Chevy Silverado Regular cab, I'd love to see what they look like! Thanks!

What is your budget and what are your personal light requirements? I just purchased a 4-head Soundoff Signal UltraLite Windshield light and it is the brightest light I have seen in use in my area by far. I had 3.5" of wet snow on my windshield Tuesday night and this light still lit the parking lot up thru all of that snow. I am also seen well for up to 2 miles. That may be something to look into. If you would like a video/pics, pm me and I can also sell SOS products.

OverLordOfYou

Sep 1, 2011
U.S.A California
I have a Pegasus the thing is crazy bright and customer service is incredibly helpful. My instal should be complete soon and I'll have videos up. I have used whelen and code 3 before have to say this light is brighter in my own opinion. I have SOS min3's on the side but I would still say per module output is same to greater on the Pegasus modules than on the SOS. Also the Pegasus is a 10 head bar and can be a solid or split peace version. I love my Pegasus day or night I can be seen easily whenever its on. But it counts on your budget but I say the price is pretty competitive. Plus FULLY customisible TDs, Color, and placement of lights.

tecster

Dec 1, 2011
Connecticut
Well I'd personally like to stay under $350.00, not very picky besides that other then it's gotta be fairly small to fit slim on my windshield. I'd like a pattern changeable one that doesn't put out much glare, that's a big concern I have. Picturs and videos are welcome!

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
tecster said:
Looking for some advice as far as what to look at when purchasing a Interior LED Light bar... I've got some specifics due to state law and such which I've listed below...any advice would be appreciated :) thanks!

Must be :

Blue/Clear/Amber (No Red)

High mount (above mirror)

Not requiring a power supply (would like to hardwire to something in my truck? if possible...)

I've seen the LED Stealth Commander Visor Light from Extreme Tactical Dynamics and thats something I'm looking into, that style that is. Any helpful tips or decent priced places to purchase would be helpful! Thanks guys...

Also, anyone who has done an install on a 06(ish) Chevy Silverado Regular cab, I'd love to see what they look like! Thanks!

Just FYI I would stay away from Extreme Tactical. The customer service will suck after you buy something. Speaking from personal experince. There are lots of options on here that you will be more than satisfied with.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.