Light Stick Decisions

Viper2497

Apr 19, 2016
Ohio
Hi, I am looking for a light stick to add to a Setina PB300 push bar. I need suggestions. It must be a two color light bar, red and white, and I'd like to be able to have it switch to a takedown mode to act as a worklight/offroad light bar similar to Takedowns. I drive alot of back roads and this would be useful to have on the vehicle. It would need to be an easy override similar to the Feinex LED hideaways, in a way that I can turn on switch the bar to all white without activating the warning mode. Thanks in advance!

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Are you planning on using it as a driving light for your back road driving? If so, most warning light sticks won't "throw" light far enough to be useful for road illumination compared to your headlights.

whatevah

May 26, 2010
Delaware, USA
The Feniex Fusion (and the older Apollo series) dual color stick lights have a dedicated trigger wire (white wire) for flood mode, but like unlisted said, they won't be anywhere near as effective as a dedicated offroad light. Great for traffic stops and work lights, but not really a replacement for offroad lights. About the same effectiveness as high beams, but with a wider/thinner pattern. Of course, get the 40* optics, not the 180*.

Viper2497

Apr 19, 2016
Ohio
If it would be good as a work light that'd be great. I use my LED spotlight for backroad driving and it works great. I'd just need it for some auxiliary lighting for camping/slow trail driving. Thanks!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.