Light Switches

efdny2003

Apr 18, 2011
united states, ny
I'm looking to replace my current light switches in my car. Currently I have a Feniex Olympian R-5 wireless remote, but am looking for something that I can control the new T/A bar I'm getting. I've been looking at the Whelen WCC9 because some of their configurations actually show the slide switch controlling the T/A bar. I'm just wondering what switches others might recommend. I cannot use sirens, so I don't even want a switch panel that has that option.

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
The Feniex 4200 will work perfect with the new TA you just got. I can get you a price if you would like since you did get the TA from me.... let me know.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
efdny2003 said:
I'm looking to replace my current light switches in my car. Currently I have a Feniex Olympian R-5 wireless remote, but am looking for something that I can control the new T/A bar I'm getting. I've been looking at the Whelen WCC9 because some of their configurations actually show the slide switch controlling the T/A bar. I'm just wondering what switches others might recommend. I cannot use sirens, so I don't even want a switch panel that has that option.

Have you seen this thread? http://elightbars.org/forums/f15/feniex-4200-siren-light-controller-wow-42946/

Great unit!! (edit: DOES have progressive slide switch!)

Last edited by a moderator:

efdny2003

Apr 18, 2011
united states, ny
MEVS06 said:
The Feniex 4200 will work perfect with the new TA you just got. I can get you a price if you would like since you did get the TA from me.... let me know.

Zapp Brannigan said:
Have you seen this thread? http://elightbars.org/forums/f15/feniex-4200-siren-light-controller-wow-42946/

No progressive slide switch, but still a great looking unit!!

I was actually on Feniex's website this morning looking around since I have the R-5, I was looking to see if they had anything towards what I'm looking for. I looked at the 4200 and the video, that's just a little bit to pricey for what I'll use it for, and way to many switches. I understand you don't have to use all the switches, but that would just be a waste of money to me to have so much go unused. As is with the R-5 I only use three of the 5 switches, one for dash, one for grill/bumper, and one for the rear deck. That definitely looks like a great product and I'm impressed with how far emergency vehicle warning has come, but just to much for what I need.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
efdny2003 said:
I was actually on Feniex's website this morning looking around since I have the R-5, I was looking to see if they had anything towards what I'm looking for. I looked at the 4200 and the video, that's just a little bit to pricey for what I'll use it for, and way to many switches. I understand you don't have to use all the switches, but that would just be a waste of money to me to have so much go unused. As is with the R-5 I only use three of the 5 switches, one for dash, one for grill/bumper, and one for the rear deck. That definitely looks like a great product and I'm impressed with how far emergency vehicle warning has come, but just to much for what I need.

And I stand corrected, it DOES have the pursuit switch!

Feniex 4200 Control Center

Nic @ FEVER has it for $490 (don't know if thats the price you saw, or the MSRP. Always nice to have those extra buttons for the future, never know what/when you might expand your install!

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
efdny2003 said:

Depending on what TA you have, you should be able to use the other 2 switches for control. With Feniex bars, it's a control wire for each left and right and to do center out it is the combination of both left and right wires.

So if you wanted left, push 1... right push the other... center out... push both!

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
I've got a Whelen PCC8R that I love in my CV. Really easy to setup and use.

efdny2003

Apr 18, 2011
united states, ny
Still looking for input as to what kind of switchbox I could look into for when I get the traffic bar. Again the bar is a Fed Sig Cuda Signal Master 33" all amber bar. Below is the data sheet from the Fed Sig website, but it doesn't go into detail about wiring so I'm hoping members on here that are familiar with this bar may know the specifics about that as to what switches I could look into.

http://www.fedsig.com/docs/M3000_Cuda_TriOptic_LED_SignalMaster.pdf

purplegoat88

Jan 20, 2011
NJ
Sound off signal intelliswitch 990. I have one and love it. I actually need something with more at this point but for you that should be perfect.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benny22

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.