Light up a Ninja?

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
Does anyone have and photos or videos of any emergency lighting on a Ninja motorcycle? A guy on my department (read: NOT ME!) has one and brought it by the house exploring his options for lighting. It looked like it could prove to be quite challenging. Any one have and experience or pics/vids? Yes, I plan to Google/Youtube it but wanted to see if anyone here had anything to offer.

img_3Kc3Jf3H55N75G45J8d63e6d5840996941f9a_r.jpg

TX_Mark

Jun 17, 2013
San Antonio,TX
Pimp said:
Does anyone have and photos or videos of any emergency lighting on a Ninja motorcycle? A guy on my department (read: NOT ME!) has one and brought it by the house exploring his options for lighting. It looked like it could prove to be quite challenging. Any one have and experience or pics/vids? Yes, I plan to Google/Youtube it but wanted to see if anyone here had anything to offer.

View attachment 57182

Lots of tiny lights defiantly. But I would second guess giving right of way to a sports bike.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
TX_Mark said:
Lots of tiny lights defiantly. But I would second guess giving right of way to a sports bike.

I second that. I wouldn't give right of way to someone on a sport bike. Trying to respond with lights on one has organ donor wrote all over it.

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
I'd just put some small light's on it for identification purposes only, just incase he runs up on something. No way in hell I'd run code on that thing.

FSEP

Nov 11, 2012
DE
I'll go against the grain and say your friends idea has merit, but he's going to have to everything perfect if he wants to work out. He's going to need a light of little lights, synched, with a proper flash rate.

Maybe something light this:

(2)haw/law in the headlight

(1) Whelen Dominator linz in the dash area thing

(2) Linz6 as a 45* under the headlight(s)

(2) Linz6 on the front side of the body

(2) Linz 6 on the side rear tail section

(2) Linz 6 on the rear next to the LP

Also, just to make things a little easier for him, he might want to have a jacket with FD stuff on the back. Just so it looks more "official"

And take those mister stickers off... They just look tacky..

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
QUOTE=TX_Mark;412810]Lots of tiny lights defiantly. But I would second guess giving right of way to a sports bike.

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
My opinion, this thing has Apollo written all over it. With the 180 coverage it could work very well with the Ninja's angles. Of course surface mounting HAWs wouldn't be too bad either.

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
FEVER said:
QUOTE=TX_Mark;412810]Lots of tiny lights defiantly. But I would second guess giving right of way to a sports bike.

If your state requires that you yield to the equipment being used (proper colors and sirens) Then you better. The type of vehicle it is on does not matter and you should not let your opinions of a particular vehicle to affect your judgement of obeying the law.

Many law enforcement agencies have sport bikes in their fleets as well or a variation of sport bikes. I've personally pulled people over on the street using a four wheeler and have seen it done with golf carts. Failure to yield to such a vehicle is still failure to yield or fleeing to elude. Doesn't matter if it is a boat, moped, sportbike, golf cart, bicycle, helicopter, or a patrol car(I've seen ever type of these used to make stops before).

Some people only have a motorcycle for transportation. If the law allows him to respond on it then he should be given the same courtesy as anyone else. It is no different than a harley or bmw police bike.

As for the setup... the side fairings are VERY easy to mount stuff too. Under the front fairing you will be able to mount various surface mounts and still keep it clean and professional. Sportbikes are very easy to work on if you know what you are doing.

Flashguy

Jan 4, 2011
United States, Florida
FEVER said:
QUOTE=TX_Mark;412810] Failure to yield to such a vehicle is still failure to yield or fleeing to elude. Doesn't matter if it is a boat, moped, sportbike, golf cart, bicycle, helicopter, or a patrol car(I've seen ever type of these used to make a traffic stop.

Pics or video of the helicopter making an actual traffic stop or it didn't happen! LoL :haha:

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
Um... idk where you're located but around here probably HALF the sportbikes have some underglow type lighting (many in red and a good number in blue)... this is my bike personally... which of course I don't utilize except in parking lots... it's just too bad you can't make it do red/blue... it can strobe on any solid color (including red or blue (blue is demonstrated in the video)) and can cycle through a bunch of colors but not strobe alternating red/blue... but its definitely bright enough to make motorists question yielding to a sportbike...

all in all highly NOT recommended... I know a few departments do have Hayabusa's but hose are a lot larger bikes with a lot larger areas for mounting lights... and honestly besides maybe DARE purposes, I can't see any chief really being ok with the liability associated with the use of one...

Dickinson, TX PD's busa:

photo.jpg

Vidor, TX PD's busa:

13005324_BG1.JPG

Attachments

• 122060801zsuzukihayabusmu1.jpg
    122060801zsuzukihayabusmu1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 38
  • busapolice_1.jpg
    busapolice_1.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 35
  • ohphayabusa1.jpg
    ohphayabusa1.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 211
  • busa-thunder-vallery-9-24-06330.jpg
    busa-thunder-vallery-9-24-06330.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 214
Last edited by a moderator:

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Flashguy said:
Pics or video of the helicopter making an actual traffic stop or it didn't happen! LoL :haha:

Dude it is the funniest thing ever. I was trying to catch up to a stolen vehicle on the interstate once before it hit the county line. Pilot had the visual on it and when he realized I wasn't going to catch him he literally dropped the chopper's skids to the same level of the door. The chick freaked and pulled over. I had her in cuffs before anyone else got there. I've also responded to him putting the helicopter down and needing a citation for a car he stopped. Funniest things ever. Our pilots are sworn leos and are armed on the chopper. This particular pilot is known for his more daring flying. It's pretty awesome though. As a K9 handler I loved having him watching my back. His victory laps after we track someone down are also pretty epic.

In florida the red and blue would get you stopped. Therefore anyone running red and blue SHOULD yeild to right of way.

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
FEVER said:
Dude it is the funniest thing ever. I was trying to catch up to a stolen vehicle on the interstate once before it hit the county line. Pilot had the visual on it and when he realized I wasn't going to catch him he literally dropped the chopper's skids to the same level of the door. The chick freaked and pulled over. I had her in cuffs before anyone else got there. I've also responded to him putting the helicopter down and needing a citation for a car he stopped. Funniest things ever. Our pilots are sworn leos and are armed on the chopper. This particular pilot is known for his more daring flying. It's pretty awesome though. As a K9 handler I loved having him watching my back. His victory laps after we track someone down are also pretty epic.

In florida the red and blue would get you stopped. Therefore anyone running red and blue SHOULD yeild to right of way.

Red and Blue in Louisiana is reserved for law enforcement in Louisiana and emergency vehicles in TX... so yes people can get arrested or at least charged with the equipment violation in the least... but I promise that doesn't create a lack of them.. :) hard to catch a bike in the city so they aren't usually chased...

FSEP

Nov 11, 2012
DE
FEVER said:

To piggy back off that - The Delaware State Police: Trooper 1, 2, 3, 4,. (Aeromedical transport/helio) actually utilizes red and blue lights when responding to a scene.. So technically.... If you don't yield to them... And they were involved in a pursuit or landing... You'd get a ticket..

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
I also forgot to mention another reason people generally don't do it besides size constraints... these sportbikes utilize miniature batteries for weight reasons and their stator/rectifiers produce VERY little power... like as in almost no "extra" power... with a handful of TIR3's I'm sure it would be ok... but even some say 6 TIR6's require an almost 6 amp draw... add a siren.... yeah the little battery can't handle a 20 amp draw...

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
FEVER said:

They should just give him a chinook and he could just hook onto the speeders car with some kind of lasso and pick the car off the ground... or is that just my Texan side? lol

TX_Mark

Jun 17, 2013
San Antonio,TX
FEVER said:

If your state requires that you yield to the equipment being used (proper colors and sirens) Then you better. The type of vehicle it is on does not matter and you should not let your opinions of a particular vehicle to affect your judgement of obeying the law.

Many law enforcement agencies have sport bikes in their fleets as well or a variation of sport bikes. I've personally pulled people over on the street using a four wheeler and have seen it done with golf carts. Failure to yield to such a vehicle is still failure to yield or fleeing to elude. Doesn't matter if it is a boat, moped, sportbike, golf cart, bicycle, helicopter, or a patrol car(I've seen ever type of these used to make stops before).

Some people only have a motorcycle for transportation. If the law allows him to respond on it then he should be given the same courtesy as anyone else. It is no different than a harley or bmw police bike.

As for the setup... the side fairings are VERY easy to mount stuff too. Under the front fairing you will be able to mount various surface mounts and still keep it clean and professional. Sportbikes are very easy to work on if you know what you are doing.

Not that I WOULDNT yield, because I would. I always yield. But I would be very curious! As minigod stated, a lot of cars and bikes have a red/blue "accent" lights and of course they are illegal, but they dont care. Welcome to TX. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Being in Texas, I'd stop for a LEO on a 4-wheler or golf cart, on the public road, even take the ticket. Then I'd get it bounced out in court. In order to enforce the transportation code, the LEO must be in compliance as well. Any vehicle operated on the roadway must be registered as well as safety inspected. Even the smallest trailer must have a license plate and inspection sticker. Gold carts, mules, and 4-wheelers are not street legal in Texas, thus can not be used on public roadways.

Back on topic, there are many ways to light up the Ninja. Feniex Apollo F6 on the mirrors, Feniex Cannons on the sides of the front fender, Feniex Cobra T6 Dual on the license plate bracket for the rear. Convert turnsignals to LED, and get a hazard lamp flasher for scene use, Headlight modulator on a switch for response Motorcycle Headlight Modulator - Diamond Star by Signal Dynamics That will set it up pretty nice.

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
guys (and gals) I got this. no-one else need reply :haha:

1) Place a mount on front fender.

2) Place mini-MX7000 on mount.

3) Bolt to mount.

4) Place siren under arse piece.

5) Add selector know to the whatsis near the shifter.

6) Step back, admire.

7) Drink beer, you're done. Hooray beer!

see, wasnt that easy?

you can thank me with one of those beers :thumbsup:

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
A friend of mine made a disc of the wail of a Smart Siren. So I have it in my Harley. I have a 150 watt amp in my Harley. So tonight I went to the State Fair with my GF. She has her own HD. She was a little ways behind my tonight and I switched from my Ipod to the CD. I could see her looking around. Once she realized it was me she laughed and yelled at me. I got her again on the way home as well. Maybe I just need to add some PAR's to my spot lamps lol

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
ninjas don't need lights..... they're ninjas!!! secrecy is the key.

now on the bike. purple and green lights FTW!

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
dcarrfire45 said:
just use 4 sos intersectors. two under the headlights and two under the tail. gives you 360 lighting with minimal draw.

I like the idea of intersectors. Maybe that, combined with a forward and rear facing nForce (red or red/clear upfront, and a duo red/amber to the rear); they're nice and bright, linear, and nice punch.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesseclark2448

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.