Lightbar auction advice

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Is there any interest: Theres always an interest, the important question is at what price? That's a gamble you take when bidding on large lots, especially considering we don't know the following:

What brand and color are the bars? What options do they have? Do they work as they should? Do they need controllers? Do they have said controllers?

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
Phoenix_Rising said:
Is there any interest: Theres always an interest, the important question is at what price? That's a gamble you take when bidding on large lots, especially considering we don't know the following:

What brand and color are the bars? What options do they have? Do they work as they should? Do they need controllers? Do they have said controllers?

A+ on that. Some of the LED bars need some type of interface controller. Also, LED bars are not worth that much second hand just because only so many ppl can use certain colors.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
To make an auction buy of LED bars in a lot, it should work out to under $50 each cost to you.... that factors in all the previously mentioned issues with secondhand LED bars. Some are worth more than others. For example liberties and freedoms are easy to swap modules on, but some bars are not. I can't see all the bars in the pile, but I don't see anything that makes cartoon dollar signs in my eyes. Maybe 12 LED bars galaxies maybe... an edge and an arrow is what I see on a quick glance. The LED bars look like the modules will be hard to swap. From that pic I'd stay under $500 for the lightbars.... truthfully my target price would be under $250...

The brush truck skid will depend heavily on the condition and type of pump. The lightbar on it is an XL.. so $25-75. The pump is key though...

The extrication tools aren't worth the hernia. Most depts buy direct from the dealer or their reps and most cities mandate new or re-certified equipment. You'd have to have the jaws all re-certified, which is not worth it. Unless you are an expert in rescue tools they are worth very little. If you were a fire equipment dealer maybe...

The things to buy in lots at auctions are easy to part out or customize lightbars like freedoms, liberties, some solaris stuff, 2100s etc. A loaded freedom can have 14 400 series LEDs that you can resell on ebay for $35 each. A savvy bar hacker can make enough parting out an older freedom to almost buy a new one.

Halogen and strobe lightbars are only worth buying in a lot if they are collectable. CA style, oscillating, NFPA models, agency specific bars etc....

I don't see any pictured, but radios are a flat out do not touch unless you are an expert. The difference between a $5000 radio and a paperweight can be 1 digit in a model number.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.