Lightbar install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sutphen 606

May 9, 2011
Seneca, South Carolina.
I am looking for a little advise involving a lighbar install. I have an F150 supercab and im putting a patriot on the top. Is there a way to run the cable with boring a hole in the top of the truck. Thanks

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Sutphen 606 said:
I am looking for a little advise involving a lighbar install. I have an F150 supercab and im putting a patriot on the top. Is there a way to run the cable with boring a hole in the top of the truck. Thanks

Do you mean without drilling a hole on top. If so I have seen a few full size lightbars installed with the cable being run through the third brake light hole or you fan run it down between the bed and the cab.

V

VTfireftr

You can feed it through the vent on the back side of the cab, or up through one of the many grommets in the floor. Just remove the carpet and you'll see all sorts of grommets.

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
run it in thru the access hole in the wire channel under the driver side kick plate. just cut thru the grommet and seal it afterwards,there is plenty of room to run whatever you need in the channel.

Anthony

Sep 12, 2011
North Carolina
Without drilling a hole in the top your best bet is down between bed and cab, as someone already mentioned. If you have a extended cab or crew cab there will be quite a bit of wire on the roof though, may look like hell to be blunt. If you choose the third brake light you may have to notch it to get it to seal so it doesn't leak, those wires are decent sizes. Plus replacing a third brake light assembly isn't that bad in comparison to the loss of re-sale value with a hole in the roof.

EVModules

May 16, 2010
Deer Park, WA
I discourage running cables down the back or any which way for that matter. If you're concerned with the resale value of the vehicle with the hole on the roof, you'd also need to address the cable rubs, lightbar pads, and brackets used to hold the lightbar on the roof or the marks from the magnets. I should add, for full size lightbars, you'll also get this unwashed area underneath the lightbar. A simple plastic sheet metal hole plug with a small amount of clear ATV silicone is adequate especially if it's on a truck, which the roof is almost always out of sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.