Lightbar Replacement: PowerArc Volt replacing MX7000

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Looks ugly as hell, I love it! :D Really, really need a video too! And how much rear warning are you getting out of it?

MATT3045

May 23, 2010
Akron Ohio area
Looks good, well as good as that bar can look.

Here is a youtube video, not this vehicle.

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
fugly as anything but from the videos i seen they are bright and attract attention,good luck with it

May 24, 2010
PG County, MD
jswwjw - Made by PowerArc PowerArc Warning Lights

Video will be forthcoming, I need to run by the customer to do so of this one and the chief's buggy.

nerdly_dood - fairly decent to the rear, I will get full video in the next couple of days.

TCO - no taller than a Whelen Edge LFL (well maybe an inch taller)

Doug - my place

VolEms - List $4600.00, Retail $3220.00, Customer is friends with the President of PowerArc and got a friends-and-family deal (no clue what they paid for it).

MATT3045

May 23, 2010
Akron Ohio area
SlickTop Solutions said:
Randy is friends with Ken at PowerArc, yes.

I would say that is a pretty good friend to have in this business, does Ken from Powerarc want anymore friends that he would be willing to give the "Friends & Family" discount to?

gman021

Dec 8, 2010
CT
Why would you pay $3000 - $4600 for that? You could buy a vision, or even a great slicktop package loaded with avengers.

May 24, 2010
PG County, MD
ParkPiggy said:
The light heads are bright, and I like the patterns. They just need to figure out a single, cleaner mounting system!

That is the cleanest compared to some ideas, it's actually not much taller than an Edge Ultra Freedom, the bulk is actually from the mounting brackets which have 6 inches of height adjustment on them.

bigcat

May 20, 2010
Hartford County, CT
What happened to the MX that was on the vehicle? From the pictures it looks as though it was pretty loaded. Too bad you couldn't populate the upper deck of the MX with oscillating LEDs from PowerArc. That'd look pretty bitchin'.

May 24, 2010
PG County, MD
bigcat said:
What happened to the MX that was on the vehicle? From the pictures it looks as though it was pretty loaded. Too bad you couldn't populate the upper deck of the MX with oscillating LEDs from PowerArc. That'd look pretty bitchin'.

The MX went back to the customer, it had LED in the lower section and I believe 5 fast rotators in the top.

PowerArc makes a light bar based on the MX shell, the SL series.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
PowerArc does offer a range of lightbars in a more conventional shape using these lights, but the majority have no rear warning as they're intended for use on ambulances and fire apparatus. A handful of the conventional-shaped ones do have rear warning though, and they do look great.

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
SlickTop Solutions said:
The MX went back to the customer, it had LED in the lower section and I believe 5 fast rotators in the top.

If I recall correctly, it had StingRays in place of the diamond mirrors in the outboard section, and an OsciLaser in the middle. It was certainly loaded!

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
My only reservation would be that the volt looks hard to clean... other than that... I love me some oscillating lights.... I think it's a very cool setup.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
gman021 said:
I thought the new vision was supposed to be the best of the best?

It is. Its multicolor abilities, added to the "normal" slew of capabilities of the Vision lightbar, make it nearly impossible to beat. The PowerArc is unique and effective, but it's either "on" or "off", you don't have anything near the capability of the Vision SLR. But realistically, the capabilities of the Vision SLR are probably more than many people will ever use, so the PowerArc lightbars are still a great choice.

backdraft51

Sep 29, 2010
Tennessee
got to see a power arc on a pumper at the Smoky Mountains Firefighter weekend. it looked funky. Every light on that truck was power arc. It was really really funky. The people that owns that demo is from where I live. Ill see if I can go get some pics if possible.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
i would not want it on my POV or Police car but i do think its neat and bright as hell and I DO WANT a dashlight

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
Sorry to resurect this thread but I just saw this vehicle driving past work and all I can say is wow. Not my first pick but hey if it works good for them.

LawMan902

Mar 29, 2011
FL, USA
These lights may not be the prettiest to some people (I personally like the way they look), but boy do they work! They are very bright and provide much better coverage than conventional fixed LED's. I wouldn't put them on a car, but they look good on Trucks, SUV's, and fire/rescue apparatus. I personally would LOVE to get my hands on a pair of these lightheads in R/B split to use as deck lights though!

gfpd26

May 21, 2010
Greenville, IL
My brother and I both have the dash light version (DL-12). We have been running them since the R&D phase of the light.. I Do not run anyhting else towards the front of my canyon and have had zero issues moving traffic, even in the day time. Even recieved a compliment from a state trooper I followed to a crash on the interstate. He wanted to buy it and run it on his dash with his C3 2100 bar.

I like the VOLT on bigger vehicles, but would love to have a n XT model on my GMC Canyon.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.