Lightbar Suggestions please

NERT11

Jul 3, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I was looking for some advice. I'm currently in the process of outfitting an F-150 with a full size lightbar (46-52inch range), and I'd like some suggestions on what the best options are. It'll be amber(and possibly white), LED with a traffic adviser, mounted on a back rack. I'm currently in the process of pricing and researching the Whelen Liberty, Feniex Avatar, and SWS Razor/Saber bars.

If anyone can chime in on this, it would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

AKRLTW

Jan 21, 2012
AK/NV USA
You can "save" money if you get a Liberty Wecan bar without a traffic director, since you can phase lightheads to make a single flash pattern function as a traffic director. At least that's a result I've had playing with Wecan, actual application and efficiency would be something that I would ask experts or those with a bar to play with and check if it actually works.

That, and with the high intensity 500 series takedown's you can get a 2 for 1 with forward warning as well as functional illumination in lieu of additional lighting from what people have said on here.

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
Of the 3 bars the Liberty is by far above the other 2. Comparing a chinese bar with a whelen bar is no comparison. I have one 45 in Fed Sig Legend new in the box that ill let go for 1200.00 if you are interested. I also have an all Amber Freedom used and new Libertys for 1650.00 in either we can or SX model. The SX has the traffic advisor. email louis@strobesnmore.com with any questions. I can also do custom setups with backup lights if you need them.

GPC

Oct 17, 2010
North Carolina
I would like to suggest the Soundoff Pinnacle Lightbar. I don't personally have one but, have seen some and they are very nice.

Of the ones you have on your list I would go with the Liberty.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Strobesnmore said:
Of the 3 bars the Liberty is by far above the other 2. Comparing a chinese bar with a whelen bar is no comparison. I have one 45 in Fed Sig Legend new in the box that ill let go for 1200.00 if you are interested. I also have an all Amber Freedom used and new Libertys for 1650.00 in either we can or SX model. The SX has the traffic advisor. email louis@strobesnmore.com with any questions. I can also do custom setups with backup lights if you need them.

A new Legend for $1200 is the best combo of price and performance you're going to find.

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
A fully loaded avatar 47" is 1650. That is any light config you want. Amber, take down, alley, high mount stop, rear work and traffic advisor. Bar is 7/8" thick. Partner just put one on his dodge ram 1500. Looks amazing and it is brighter than my buddies whelen liberty duo. Full light output 32,800 lumens.

Or the other option is the cyclops. Full populated for 1260

Wired Installation

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
If you want performance and affordability you can look at the Whelen Justice or Soundoff Magnum bar. Both are reasonably priced and very effective bars.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
The Whelen Century is available with a traffic advisor, plus it's dirt cheap. It doesn't come with as many options as most LED bars, but you didn't ask for options, you asked for an amber LED bar with a traffic advisor. Might as well save money while you're at it.

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Liberty or Justice :twocents:

I'm waiting to see the Magnum in person, I hear it is impressive.

NERT11

Jul 3, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Thank you all for the great advice. I have Feniex lights on my truck for POV fire purposes... Does anybody know what the general consensus is on the Feniex avatar. I've heard many refer to them as "made in china", but other really good reviews. Personally I've never had an issue. I'm also under the understanding that they stand strongly behind their product, and customer service is un-beatable when there is an issue?

My price calculations on the liberty were with corner modules only. I didn't realize how quickly it goes from $900 to $2000 when you add light-heads to it.

And lastly, does anyone have anything to say specifically about the star products?

thanks again!

Nov 7, 2011
New England
NERT11 said:
Thank you all for the great advice. I have Feniex lights on my truck for POV fire purposes... Does anybody know what the general consensus is on the Feniex avatar. I've heard many refer to them as "made in china", but other really good reviews. Personally I've never had an issue. I'm also under the understanding that they stand strongly behind their product, and customer service is un-beatable when there is an issue?

My price calculations on the liberty were with corner modules only. I didn't realize how quickly it goes from $900 to $2000 when you add light-heads to it.

And lastly, does anyone have anything to say specifically about the star products?

thanks again!

There are some members here, we all know who they are, that assume a product is substandardPURELY based upon the fact that is it not manufactured in the U S of A.

Star Products are great, but their lightbars are eh. Have only seen one, and i was not impressed. Quality is fine but not very innovative or impressively bright.

If I were to chose one bar from star, it would be the 2400 Series Star Razor Lightbars 46" Emergency Packages - Star Headlight

you should really consider soundoff though. Can't go wrong with the ETL5000 or pinnacle. check out some videos and the features. Too many people rule out soundoff products and they honestly are my favorite brand of products.

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
Fully loaded Liberty 1650.00 email me if interested. Feniex makes all these claims about made in the USA but they wont disclose the address of their manufacturing plant and use a Mail Box Etc. for their mailing address. Something smells mighty fishy to me.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
SNM has offered some great deals. It would be silly to choose an unproven Fenix product over a proven Liberty or Legend for the same or less money.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Have you considered a Code 3 RX2700CC at all? That bar is right within the price range of all these other bars, they are fully customizable, are made in the USA, along with countless other great features.

I know a great dealer that will work with you to make the perfect bar to suit your needs if you are interested.

Just my 2 cents

NERT11

Jul 3, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Jared,

I neglected to look at the Laser up until now. Does it have any specific bracket kits to mount to a backrack by any chance? Your site also says to contact you for a special price. Any insight on what that price may be, or is it the $1429? I'm just looking for a bar in all amber... perhaps takedowns as well, but these aren't essential.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
What's your budget. If I had to recommend a lightbar for a personal vehicle <$1500, it'd be one of the following:

1) Whelen liberty

2) Federal Signal Legend or Legend LPX (economy version)

3) SOS EPL9000

4) Tomar Scorpion

Personally, I think that Star/SVP products are decent, but not impressive, and I think that Feniex is still too new for me to buy (I'd like to see how their products are able to hold up after a few years of use before I begin using their products). However, since I'm a big believer in going linear with lightbars and dash/deck warning, I personally would go with the liberty or the legend; both have phenomenal output head-on and off-axis, so you can't go wrong with either.

I also wouldn't go with clear/amber; if i were to get an amber lightbar, it'd be 100% amber (minus the alleys and TD's, of course), and if it's going to be a work truck where you're doing a lot of loading/unloading, I'd consider having the TD's to the rear, like a towman model

RecElect

Jan 26, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
We have been extremly impressed with anything Rontan (2011 and up) with wide-e-tech and have picked them up as a supplier. They can be very reasonably priced, very bright and we can configure it anyway you want including dual color front. Check them out and let me know if you want a quote on one. I will do MUCH better than list. They have tons of included features including arrow and use 2 wire technology. I would recommend the maximum or the winglux.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.