"Lightbars" in the grille. Your thoughts???

rsq196

Jun 3, 2010
New Hampshire, USA
I was wondering what people's thoughts were about using directional light bars such as Strobesnmore's new E66 or the E46 in the grille of a truck as opposed to using individual lightheads like a Predator2, a Tir 6, an E6, etc.?

Thanks

Rsq

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
I love it! It provides a larger footprint and its fewer light heads to mount! I've been wanting to put something like a dominator in the grille of my impala but don't have the extra cash to buy it! I've done them on tahoes and on the new silverado's and they look great!

CenTexPSE

May 21, 2010
Covington, TX
Give me a few weeks and i will let you know!

Im getting a E66 and its going behind the grille. I have an E44 behind there now, and its great, but i think this E66 is going to be BAD ASS!

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
My grill is currently full, but I'd love to put a D4 or some equivalent on the BullBar of my Avalanche... It might be too low though...

HalliganHook

Dec 15, 2010
Long Island, NY
A great deal of Chief trucks on Long Island have D6/D8's installed the grilles of Tahoes/Suburbans and they look great. A few even have two D6/D8's; one on the upper half and the other on the lower half, both synched...it looks absolutely insane. ~Kirk

Lt. Dino

May 24, 2010
Georgetown, USA
Microman FTW! I'll get mine installed if I get a nice day - currently sitting on my dining room table. I like the bigger footprint, but sometimes less is more. The more lights you get flashing, the more confusing your vehicle becomes.

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
It depends. I want the least airflow obstruction. If I have a narrow grill, then I'm going with a bar. I prefer to have two light heads lit up at all time. It's my OCD, but I can't tolerate the look of my vehicle being asymmetrical. If I had a large grill, say a Ford F-series, I would go with 4 larger light heads.

Example: I used to have a '96 Ford Bronco about 10 years ago. That thing had a giant grill. It had a pair of Tomar 3x7 linear strobes in the upper corners, and a pair of Code 3 3x7 halogens in the bottom corners. Today, I have a S-10 Blazer. It has a fairly low profile grill. I have no choice but to mount my sirens speakers behind the grill, has that's the only opening in the front. I plan on putting an E66 in the top portion.

Ultimate D

Feb 25, 2011
Central Arkansas
I have a Strobes N' More E46 on my Brush Guard on my '04 Chevrolet Suburban Z71. Love it, works very well...

ai989.photobucket.com_albums_af15_asp3760_SANY0006_1.jpg

ai989.photobucket.com_albums_af15_asp3760_SANY0005_1.jpg

ai989.photobucket.com_albums_af15_asp3760_SANY0004_1.jpg

JM6402

May 21, 2010
Long Island, NY
Kirk @ KD Lighting said:
A great deal of Chief trucks on Long Island have D6/D8's installed the grilles of Tahoes/Suburbans and they look great. A few even have two D6/D8's; one on the upper half and the other on the lower half, both synched...it looks absolutely insane. ~Kirk

2501 has 2 D8's.

Bonanno

May 21, 2010
Neptune, NJ
Completely insane sight I saw the other day, an explorer with 3 Dominators in the grill/on pushbar. Completely insane but over the top. This explorer I have to say had TOOO many lights in it over all.

Boss429

May 21, 2010
Pennsylvania
My favorite Install in the grille of a vehicle, Yes I know its a little overkill.

wheelerphoto

Feb 7, 2011
Harrison, AR
I've had an 8 head light stick laying around that I had initially ordered to put in the rear window of my pickup. Turns out the tint on the back glass was WAY too dark for the light to be of any use. I didn't know what I was going to do with the light, but was considering putting it in the rear deck of my wife's car (She's a firefighter and on our volunteer EMS crew as well).

SO, I stumbled upon this thread today and it hit me. I don't know why I hadn't thought to look at it behind the grille. I did some quick rough measuring and found that it would work just fine.

So today, I installed it behind the grille and below a pair of older single head Sho-Me LED's. With those two above, the 8 head stick below and a dash light, the front of my ride looks great! I'm glad I stumbled on this thread. Thanks guys!

wheelerphoto

Feb 7, 2011
Harrison, AR
Below is a quick and not very well done video of the setup I mentioned a couple of days ago. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfYJGx_M3mA?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfYJGx_M3mA?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.