Lighting suggestions for a 2010 Mazda 3

Amanda

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
I have a fellow firefighter who is interested in lighting up his Mazda 3. I am at a standstill on what to put on the car, thinking some thinner grille lights to fit somewhere. This is a lease, as minimal holes as possible.

awww.dragtimes.com_images_17801_2010_Mazda_3.jpg

You guys are a courtesy light state, right? If I am correct in that, I would say you wouldn't need much. Due to the car being short, put up a light on a headliner bracket, and maybe something above the fog lights. Add a traffic arrow in the back, and you will have to the station and on scene responses covered. I would say a Slimlighter above the rear view mirror (pretty thin, a lot of forward punch), a pair of ghosts above the fog lights (angle would cover what the slimlighter missed) and then a MicroMan or ELS bar in the back with traffic adviser controller.

Amanda said:
I have a fellow firefighter who is interested in lighting up his Mazda 3. I am at a standstill on what to put on the car, thinking some thinner grille lights to fit somewhere. This is a lease, as minimal holes as possible.
awww.dragtimes.com_images_17801_2010_Mazda_3.jpg

Hummm...lease vehicles are tough.

I would go with something like this:

Front:

Ghosts in "grill"

x2 UltraLite 4 left and right of the RVM, maybe an UltraLite 8 or an Interior Pinnacle if either will fit above the RVM

Dual Predator I or II on the dash if you want extra lighting up front.

If you can use a siren, 100D speaker

Side:

Ghost mounted to the B pillar

Rear:

UltraLite 8 Warning Light/TA mounted up high

x2 XP63s, Predators, Ghosts, or etc on the deck.

Control:

IntelliSwitch 900

If you can have a siren, 380 Siren and light controller

Using suction cup mounts or custom brackets would keep it basically no holes. I don't believe that you can use a HLF or TLF on the car because the front appears to be HID and the rear appears to be all LED. I doubt that he wants to drill for any HAW/LAW since its a lease vehicle, and besides that it looks as if there is not good place to put them (maybe in the reverse lights). If that mesh that is down near the fog light area isn't solid, you could put some Universal Undercovers or something there easily without creating new holes. You will just have to be creative in your mounting jobs and in the use of products that you choose. No holes is hard, but that doesn't mean that you can't have a good package.

You can do a Tomar 200s Blue/Blue in the dash. 2 Rect14's in the grill and Rect14's on a Licence plate bracket on the rear, no holes.

Fast LT1 said:
Whats the budget?

Sorry I completely forgot that part.. No more than 600$ as far as I'm aware, and it's only in need of front end coverage pretty much, so 600$ is a lot of lights ;)

Amanda said:
Sorry I completely forgot that part.. No more than 600$ as far as I'm aware, and it's only in need of front end coverage pretty much, so 600$ is a lot of lights ;)

Does that include siren, speaker, and switches?

Front:

(6) Soundoff Ghosts ( 2 Headliner/1 on each side of rvm)(2) on dash angled towards the intersections (2) 1 on each corner of bumper surface mounted in the mesh angled towards the intersection) All lights are synced

(1) Headlight Flasher

Rear:

(2) Rect 14's or Led3's or Axixtech Xtreme Mini 6's mounted to the headliner or rear dash

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381