"Line up for your beating" - Michael Mayers

FSEP

Nov 11, 2012
DE
If you haven’t noticed a problem in our society, perhaps the MMQ on the Boston LODDs will help you get there. We have become reliant on the sound bite, a single picture, or a video to judge others. Instead of understanding, we rush to be the first to promote our own ego and to assume our expertise. When I posted New Beginnings the other day, one of the themes I had in mind was that my posts were too long. I get it. You want shorter. If you want longer, you’ll buy the book.

There are an overwhelming of individuals in our midst that, when a bit of news floats out there, rush to the execution of others basing their total knowledge on snippet of information. And worse, they do it with this self-serving, smug, know-it-all attitude like they have never screwed up a day in their life. It reminds me a little of the recently departed Fred Phelps, “pastor” of the Westboro Baptist Church. He and his followers, in their haste to denounce others, failed to realize that they too were guilty of sin. In the end, seeing their own fallibility, there was a desire for mercy, which sounds like the textbook definition of “irony”.

View the full article at: Line Up For Your Beating | Firehouse Zen

Jun 18, 2013
PA
While I agree with the Article, in all honesty expecting everyone on the internet to be civil is like expecting not to get wet when your pissing in the wind.

Every site has its Trolls, they exist and the illusion of anonymity allows people to say things they normally wouldnt say with little fear of reprisal.

Does this count as an excuse for peoples behaviors... not in the slightest but you gotta let it go.

my .02 cents

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhaberny

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.