Local Caprice w/ Pictures

May 25, 2010
Quincy, Illinois
I was dropping my kids off at school today and when came around the corner I saw this gem parked on the corner in the dealers lot.......needless to say the kids were late to school. No pictures of inside because nothing in it yet except floor shifter. I think the shifter will work fine and love all the room.

Quincy, Illinois Police Department

ai299.photobucket.com_albums_mm291_deputystephenson_2011_11_15074401.jpg

ai299.photobucket.com_albums_mm291_deputystephenson_2011_11_15074252.jpg

ai299.photobucket.com_albums_mm291_deputystephenson_2011_11_15074336.jpg

ai299.photobucket.com_albums_mm291_deputystephenson_2011_11_15074312.jpg

May 25, 2010
Quincy, Illinois
FireEMSPolice said:
They need to remove the dealer decal off the back, otherwise it looks good!

Shottenkirk has over a dozen (estimate) various dealerships here in the tri-state area and a handful here in Quincy so I doubt that logo is going anywhere ever though I agree it should come off (I know mine did while I was standing in the dealership parking lot lol).

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
DEPUTYSTEPHENSON said:
Shottenkirk has over a dozen (estimate) various dealerships here in the tri-state area and a handful here in Quincy so I doubt that logo is going anywhere ever though I agree it should come off (I know mine did while I was standing in the dealership parking lot lol).

Just a pet peeve, dealer stickers/license plate frames/license plates. Sorry, they arent paying me to advertise for them so that crap comes off immediately.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
In Texas you are not allowed to obscure the license plate with a frame. Some departments made a push to enforce the law, with the typical media blasting that cops have more important things to do. Blah, blah, blah.

ParkPiggy

May 21, 2010
Northeast Ohio
FireEMSPolice said:
Just a pet peeve, dealer stickers/license plate frames/license plates. Sorry, they arent paying me to advertise for them so that crap comes off immediately.

I've purchased 5 new vehicles in my 14 years of adult life. It was part of the sale every time, no dealer stickers on the vehicle!!

Like the graphics on the Caprice. Missed out on an opportunity to take one out from my dealer! Supposedly our dept is on the list to use it for a day in December when it makes another trip for show and tell at the dealer!

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
JazzDad said:
In Texas you are not allowed to obscure the license plate with a frame. Some departments made a push to enforce the law, with the typical media blasting that cops have more important things to do. Blah, blah, blah.

That law was overturned 2 years ago. It was written originaly for Houston and Dallas tollway and red light camera's after violators got smart and pointed out that the photo's did not show what state the license plate was from, thus providing resonable doubt as to the registered owner. I always thought it was a valid law, just like the front license plate. But like the front license plate law, it was hardly enforced.

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
RescueWV said:
And the chevrons are backwards... What's the point of having chevrons if you're not going to do it correct?

Well, they aren't chevrons. Regardless I understand what you mean but the stripes seem to match the body lines of the license plate area.

EVModules

May 16, 2010
Deer Park, WA
Psst,

In states with mandatory rear & front license plates, it's just a "I get to pull you over" card for the police to use when they are looking for probable cause so they leave it alone. Trust me, it's very common.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas

digitalBill

May 25, 2010
Connecticut
FireEMSPolice said:

I agree...plus they don't look appropriate on a gov't vehicle

irishrover

May 21, 2010
United States Washington
Here's one of the first ones to be rolled out and driven by the Pierce County Sheriff here in my local area. Not a bad looking ride at all!! I'm not to sure about the Setina ush bar though. Pierce County deputys are all PIT certified, so this is standard issue on all patrol vehicles.

ai1186.photobucket.com_albums_z370_wildirishrover68_319608_25248c713f1cad8b73d28963580199eebed.jpg

Hollywood

May 24, 2010
Oklahoma
irishrover said:
Here's one of the first ones to be rolled out and driven by the Pierce County Sheriff here in my local area. Not a bad looking ride at all!! I'm not to sure about the Setina ush bar though. Pierce County deputys are all PIT certified, so this is standard issue on all patrol vehicles.

I'm eager to see how one looks with an Ibis-Tek, should look rather tough.

irishrover

May 21, 2010
United States Washington
Hollywood said:
I'm eager to see how one looks with an Ibis-Tek, should look rather tough.

I like those Ibis-Tek push bars actually. Most of the local agencies in my area go with Setina, since their shop is only about a 30 minute drive from where I live. THis is a sharp looking car though. The only thing they need to really do, is to re-do the graphics package on their patrol units. I'm not to fond of the "swish" on the back fenders. All of the Tahoes and Vics have two of them on there, and they aren't all that great looking.

Hollywood

May 24, 2010
Oklahoma
irishrover said:
I like those Ibis-Tek push bars actually. Most of the local agencies in my area go with Setina, since their shop is only about a 30 minute drive from where I live. THis is a sharp looking car though. The only thing they need to really do, is to re-do the graphics package on their patrol units. I'm not to fond of the "swish" on the back fenders. All of the Tahoes and Vics have two of them on there, and they aren't all that great looking.

We love ours. Every new car/truck is getting the Ibis-Tek setup with the older cars getting them in the event the front end is crashed.

John Hearne

May 27, 2010
Pontotoc County, MS
A local dealer had a new Caprice at the airport for assessment. We thrashed that car and it was simply awesome. 0-60 in less than 6 seconds, brakes that have to be flet to appreciate, and flat as can be when you sling it around at 90 mph.

coopers

May 21, 2011
WA
That Pierce County unit looks nice. We supposedly ordered two to try out. Have to outfit our second 2012 charger first.

irishrover

May 21, 2010
United States Washington
coopers said:
That Pierce County unit looks nice. We supposedly ordered two to try out. Have to outfit our second 2012 charger first.

I hope some more of the local agencies go with the new Caprice. I think they look sharp. I'm not sure if Tacoma PD is planning on using these, or if they're going to go with Chargers, but Pierce County's is a sharp looking unit. I still think they could use an upgrade to their graphics package though. This is also the first year that the county went with a Whelen lightbar. All of the later model CVPI's have the Federal Legend, and some of the older one's are still running with the Vistas.

coopers

May 21, 2011
WA
Yeah I noticed they switched to Whelen on that car. Looking forward to seeing these new generation of cars to start hitting the street.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.