Look what Hurricane Irene blew in??? NOS Dietz 211.... :)

Oct 28, 2010
Kingston NY
Howdy all:

I hope those who were hit by Hurricane Irene are ok. Here in NY it was a wild night and day. Tree limbs down all over and power outages scattered all over.

I wanted to share with the group what I recently picked up. The guy I bought it from said it is brand new and he did have the box but unfortunately it got wet so no box. I have to keep up with EMT Anderson so here you go. Enjoy the pics!!!

Sorry not for sale unless you make me an offer I cannot refuse.

Pinball Charlie

Dietz211NOS 001.jpg

Dietz211NOS 002.jpg

Dietz211NOS 003.jpg

Dietz211NOS 004.jpg

Dietz211NOS 005.jpg

Dietz211NOS 006.jpg

Dietz211NOS 007.jpg

Dietz211NOS 008.jpg

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
The same day your newly acquired Dietz 211 rolled off the assembly line, the lead singer of Nirvana, Kurt Cobian, was born :thumbsup: :crazy: . I noticed the date on the motor casing and had to give you a hard time :haha: .

Sweet beacon nonetheless! Very cool :cool: .

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
PinballCharlie said:
Hey all, thanks for the compliments and you are right Dan, this light I always had a passion for... I have never seen a light like this with NYS on the label. Possible New York State???

Charlie, that's exactly what I thought, New York State. There must be something special order about the light, possibly a particular rotation speed / # of flashes per minute, or something like that.

Dan

36TruckK

Jul 16, 2010
Dutchess County, NY
dmathieu said:
Charlie, that's exactly what I thought, New York State. There must be something special order about the light, possibly a particular rotation speed / # of flashes per minute, or something like that.

Dan

In typical NY fashion, simply adding those 2 letters allowed them to boost the price..LOL

ny04350

Aug 12, 2010
Hudson Valley, NY
The NYS is definetely for a New York State special order. That is one great find.

Probably for DOT, seeing that it is amber.

I know that the NYSP had special order Federal stuff in the 80s/90s that specified FPMs and candlepower, so they probably had special orders like that when this light was made in the 60s.

Again, that one is a keeper Charlie.

Black Hoe

May 21, 2010
Long Island, NY
NYS probably denotes that it was a NYS-DOT spec beacon. I know back in the 60's and 70's, the NY State Police and the NY State Park Police used Dietz beacons but the "hill-light" model (7-11?) with the clear tilted beams.

Wigwam700

May 25, 2011
New York Adirondacks US
PinballCharlie said:
Howdy all:

I hope those who were hit by Hurricane Irene are ok. Here in NY it was a wild night and day. Tree limbs down all over and power outages scattered all over.

I wanted to share with the group what I recently picked up. The guy I bought it from said it is brand new and he did have the box but unfortunately it got wet so no box. I have to keep up with EMT Anderson so here you go. Enjoy the pics!!!

Sorry not for sale unless you make me an offer I cannot refuse.

Pinball Charlie

Pinball, first great 211!! How did you fair the storm, many of my roads in my town washed away, travel is still a hardship with most roads closed. Usually 5-6 ways out of town now only 2. Out of power for 2 days.

Keene FD lost thier fire house, lucky they were all out at the time with thier rigs helping everybodt else!! :D

Todd

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fireman5340

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.