Looking for a Dual color traffic advisor

Topfuel7641

Feb 13, 2015
DFW, Texas
I've looked at a couple, but I'm not sure if they meet my needs or not.  I need to to be blue and amber in warning mode, and obviously completely amber in "t/a mode"  I'd like to be able to use the WHelen cencom controller I have and ditch the controllers they come with.  So far I have found these two, but without finding wiring digrams I'm coming up short as far as knowing if I can use the cencom 

Thrasher XXL Duo Dual Color Traffic Advisor 8 Head 4TIR

https://www.ledequipped.com/index.php/a-1136.html

and this one 

PL4-D8 DUAL COLOR TRAFFIC ADVISOR WITH LINEAR LENS

http://www.911signalusa.com/pl4-dual-color-traffic-advisor-with-linear-lens-p-70.html

Topfuel7641

Feb 13, 2015
DFW, Texas
I believe I've already contacted them in relation to the wiring on a similar product, not that brand tough, and haven gotten a reply yet(3 working days so far)   I already have a set of E4's on the front of my truck so I know how bright those bastards are and I dont think I'd have to worry about my windows being tinted 

I guess I could do all blue  thought I've been informed it should be blue amber, with blue on the drivers side of the vehicle 

Last edited by a moderator:

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
They are much more reputable than the other companies you were looking at, have a competitive price, and you will know for sure that it works with any controller (stated in the bottom of their text).

Topfuel7641

Feb 13, 2015
DFW, Texas
I Guess i had a stupid moment, I didn't even notice the statement at the bottom regarding controllers, I've actually bought most of my lights from snm

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
My budget is around $200-400, its for construction and roadside assistance and what not, so It will not see intense use
The SNM E66 duo color is the only quality option in that price range.
If you're just using it for sporadic construction/roadside, I would just go all Amber. I don't see the need for blue, & you can find a ton of quality 8-head stocks well within your range

Reactions: Station 3

Topfuel7641

Feb 13, 2015
DFW, Texas
The SNM E66 duo color is the only quality option in that price range.

If you're just using it for sporadic construction/roadside, I would just go all Amber. I don't see the need for blue, & you can find a ton of quality 8-head stocks well within your range
Texas is weird, we're suppose to have blue and amber.  its stupid, in New Hampshire, police used only blue, construction, only amber, and fire only red. In Texas, police use red and blue and amber, construction is blue(suppose to be on drivers side only) and amber, fire is red and ambulance is a damn rainbow(lol).   At night, Its sometimes hard to tell if its construction or police activity since some squad cars use blue and amber.. My only guess as to why Texas does it this way is because your have to slow down or move over if you see a tow truck or city vehicle with its lights on weather first response or not. 

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Strobes N More E66 is an awesome bar don't listen to the haters I have one and love it its been working for over a year now no problems its currently red/blue split and at a flip of a switch the whole thing turns amber. and its like $250.00

Reactions: tsquale

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.