Looking for thoughts on ditch light replacements

RBFD4152

Jul 11, 2016
RED BANK NJ
Looking to do something unusual, I have Nissan Titan pickup, was considering installing "ditch light" brackets at the base of the windshield. The normal ditch lights are commonly 3-inch light pods and come in a heavy black housing. My question for you guys, is there a blue LED version of something I can use as a flashing emergency light? The light bracket I am looking at can accommodate two light pods per side, I can use one position for the blue (flashing) and the second for an actual clear white light pod (steady burn).

If you do a search for Jeep ditch lights, you'll see the type of bracket and light I'm speaking of.

Your thoughts?

RBFD4152

Jul 11, 2016
RED BANK NJ
Thanks, guys, for getting back to me, both of those lights are of interest to me and could work. Since they are LEDs would it present an issue to set them up as wig-wag style flashers? I know old style flashers will not function with LED's

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
Thanks, guys, for getting back to me, both of those lights are of interest to me and could work. Since they are LEDs would it present an issue to set them up as wig-wag style flashers? I know old style flashers will not function with LED's

any led flasher would make them flash, some of the older flashers will as well so long as theyre electro-mechanical

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.