Lp6000 cal

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
Hey guys!

can someone please help me and tell me which bulbs had lp6000 CAL in the bar and what was the configuration?

any pics would be great.....

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
denko3 said:
Hey guys!

can someone please help me and tell me which bulbs had lp6000 CAL in the bar and what was the configuration?

any pics would be great.....

There is no single CA setup for an LP 6000. The red steady light was a full sized stationary light with a 50w bulb I believe.

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
JohnMarcson said:
There is no single CA setup for an LP 6000. The red steady light was a full sized stationary light with a 50w bulb I believe.
I dont think a full size stationary bulb would fit in the LP6000 I think you are thinking of the XL model.

Lol sorry John, I was thinking full size sealed beam, Denko John is correct it would have a stationary light, the type used as the takedowns or flashers with a 50w bulb.

Last edited by a moderator:

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
I THINK they used a stationary reflector that had a special coated reflector for the front stationary RED. Kinda looked liked it was unpolished.

Benno

Jul 17, 2011
Germany
The stationary reflector is not coated.

The reflector is frosted! Except for a small area in the middle (behind the Typ795 bulb).

The Setup of the LP is:

Alley-light - rotator - diamond mirror - steadyburn/rear-flasher - speaker center - front- /rea-flasher - takedown/half diamond mirror - rotator - alley-light

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
Benno said:
The stationary reflector is not coated.

The reflector is frosted! Except for a small area in the middle (behind the Typ795 bulb).

View attachment 35710

The Setup of the LP is:

Alley-light - rotator - diamond mirror - steadyburn/rear-flasher - speaker center - front- /rea-flasher - takedown/half diamond mirror - rotator - alley-light

Ok, so if you "frost" something, are you not putting a coating on it? :yes:

Benno

Jul 17, 2011
Germany
badge22 said:
Ok, so if you "frost" something, are you not putting a coating on it? :yes:

Not necessarily! :no:

Looks like sand blasted. That´s the easiest way to "frost" something.

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
WOW never seen a stationary reflector like that,was it a factory made? it looks like there it was spray it after they made it. :)

thanks for set-up Benno but is this the only setup or was there any other maybe?

John,so the bulb for CAL red is 50W isn't this too hard usually the CAL in lightbars were less the 30W,what do you think? i got the 50W in mini vector and it's very strong.

yes Jenny i now what you ment about stationary light in XL.... :)

folks what about domes red and blue set-up?

and is there a possibility to change the lp rotator reflector with mx or xl reflector is it hard,what you must take off if i want to do that?

is it just a ring or anything else maybe?

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
Benno said:
The Setup of the LP is:

I have seen set ups with, (Pass to Driver) alley, rotator, blue steady burn(rear blue flasher), sting ray, speaker cover, sting ray, red steady burn(amber rear flasher), rotator, alley.

And that is a weird reflector. i have worked on thousands of LP6000 and I have never seen one quite like that.

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
thanks for this set-up too! maybe was this set-up old CHP cars??????? :)

yes i see the first time sended lp reflector????

jdh said:
I have seen set ups with, (Pass to Driver) alley, rotator, blue steady burn(rear blue flasher), sting ray, speaker cover, sting ray, red steady burn(amber rear flasher), rotator, alley.

And that is a weird reflector. i have worked on thousands of LP6000 and I have never seen one quite like that.

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
Benno said:
Not necessarily! :no:

Looks like sand blasted. That´s the easiest way to "frost" something.

Sandblasting is not frosting something. I have never seen a cake sandblasted.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I have a factory LP CA setup with the steady burn being a fully polished reflector too... so they used a few things... I have also seen both used in the XL.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
denko3 said:
can someone list some pics from domes which is the original set-up?

There is no one CA setup...

Most had outer rotators front diver steady red, front passenger takedown.. other options varied a lot. Any LP that has full size flashers or takedowns could have one replaced with a steady burn.

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
isn't there the reat cut out amber flashers in domes?

JohnMarcson said:
There is no one CA setup...

Most had outer rotators front diver steady red, front passenger takedown.. other options varied a lot. Any LP that has full size flashers or takedowns could have one replaced with a steady burn.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
The CAL LP6000 that I called out in my above post has solid colored domes with bullet cutouts for the alleys and 1 amber cutout in the red dome to the rear.

Benno

Jul 17, 2011
Germany
\ said:
...And that is a weird reflector. i have worked on thousands of LP6000 and I have never seen one quite like that.
I think Code3 called the Reflektor "Stationary Partially Textured Reflector Assembly (S45023M)" or "50w Partially Textured Stationary Module (S45024M)". But i´m not sure!

My LP has blue/red domes with small bull´s eyes for alley and one large bull´s eye for takedown.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
:duh:

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
If my memory is correct, didn't CA bars require the black plastic siren speaker housing that allowed a NO-LP style speaker to be installed? I am thinking I remember seeing a CA Title XIII designation on that option in the original sales brochure.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
ford-dealer said:
If my memory is correct, didn't CA bars require the black plastic siren speaker housing that allowed a NO-LP style speaker to be installed? I am thinking I remember seeing a CA Title XIII designation on that option in the original sales brochure.

It had a Ca compliant speaker available... but many had no speaker at all. CA LP were just any LP with at least 2, usually 4, fullsized stationary reflectors.... 1 was steady burn and under a red filter or dome... and at least 1 was almost always a rear amber flasher. Add in the fact that you could use reflector mounted or reflector surrounding filters or colored domes with cutouts... the setups were endless. LPs were under rated bars.

6236 was a commonly "CA converted bar", as were 6296 and 6349 if one were into stingrays...

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_IMG_0002.jpg

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_IMG_0001.jpg

lite-em-up

May 23, 2010
Eastern Missouri
ford-dealer said:

Your memory IS correct. In order for a LP BAR Mounted speaker to meet Cal requirements, you must use the black "class A" speaker cover. It resembled a JetSonic speaker in a way. The regular chrome LP speaker cover required the speaker bell to be cut at an angle in order to fit under the cover. The cutting of the bell no longer meets the Class A requirements.

ai800.photobucket.com_albums_yy285_lite_em_up_60d4251f.jpg

ai800.photobucket.com_albums_yy285_lite_em_up_9ca9b13f.jpg

As for the stationary light, In order to TRULY meet Cal requirements the red steady burn required the frosted stationary light. The "frosting" was a special coating that was placed on the reflector by the supplier to Code-3. Instead of the smooth, highly polished reflector it would be rough and dull in finish. The pic above is the correct stationary light.

From the sales brochure:

ai800.photobucket.com_albums_yy285_lite_em_up_93887bc5.jpg

Many of the bars that I saw go out of the factory to Cal were either under a red lens with clear bulls-eye to the rear for the amber flashing light. The stationary light behind the bulls-eye had an amber filter on it.

OR

Clear lenses with colored filters

Reactions: Wigwam700

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
That is the exact brochure I remembered seeing it in. :thumbsup:

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
lite-em-up said:
In order for a LP BAR Mounted speaker to meet Cal requirements, you must use the black "class A" speaker cover. It resembled a JetSonic speaker in a way. The regular chrome LP speaker cover required the speaker bell to be cut at an angle in order to fit under the cover. The cutting of the bell no longer meets the Class A requirements.

You gotta love Kalifornia, trimming a speaker bell as used in the other 49 states doesn't meet their rules so a whole new speaker cover is required just for their state... but yet a single red spotlight is perfectly safe and adequate by itself as a warning light.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Here's mine, all the stationary lights are frosted. There was never a speaker mounted. It used to have stingrays...

ai57.photobucket.com_albums_g205_elightbars_Spring_20Sales_DSCF4797.jpg

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
denko3 said:
was the speaker housing custom made then?

No.. it's just a regular grill with nothing behind it. The speaker for this unit was elsewhere... probably on a push bumper.

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
would like to see one with solid red and blue domes if someone will post a pic maybe,i hope.....someone????

JohnMarcson said:
No.. it's just a regular grill with nothing behind it. The speaker for this unit was elsewhere... probably on a push bumper.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.