M&P shield

bobcoop06

May 25, 2010
Indiana
I don't have one, but would certainly love to get my hands on one! I have read nothing but positive reviews about them. I have been in the market for a single stack 9mm for a while now, and I'm relunctant to get a Kahr for some reason and Springfield is dragging their feet on the XD(s), so I think this may be the one! A local gunshop got around 40 of them in last week and is selling them for $449, so I may have to make a trip up there in the near future...

WPD8908

May 21, 2010
NW Ohio
449 is a good price .. local place is selling for 510 here

. Im gonna try gunbroker they are going for around 375- 411

bobcoop06

May 25, 2010
Indiana
Tri-State PSE said:
It's my next purchase!
Just cant decide... 9mm or .40 ???

I would go with the 9mm. When I first got into guns, I was all about "bigger = better" and "The cops carry .40 so it must be awesome, and 9mm must suck". Plus you have all the diehard 1911 guys out there who brush off anything that isn't a .45. But you know what I've found out? Bigger = less rounds. Less rounds = better chance to miss or not have a follow up shot. And then I realized that the cops don't have to pay for THEIR ammo. At $4-$5 a box cheaper for 9mm... more savings = more ammo = more practice. And for those 1911 guys? I will shake the hand of the first one to prove to me that a 9mm bullett won't kill someone just as dead as .45 will.

At the end of the day, shot placement is key over ballistics. Get what you can afford to shoot, and go for a round capacity that will give you more chances to hit your target.

Tri-State PSE

May 21, 2010
Middletown, Ohio
My carry weapon is a Glock 23, (which is obviously .40), so - on one hand it makes sense to stay with .40.

On the other hand, it makes sense to get a caliber I don't have, which would be the 9mm.

I've been watching a ton of videos on youtube this week about the Shield, and I'm sold.

CPDG23

Oct 17, 2011
Ohio
I was/am a Glock fan boy through and through...

Then I went out and bought a M&P 9C.

If I had the money I would change over to the M&P line in a heart beat. They are simply the best pistols I have ever shot.

RMBROWN

May 20, 2010
Brooklyn.MI
I carry a m&p fullsize 40 cal everyday....Love it when i go back to work tomrow ill have to check on the price of the m&p shield....

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
One will be coming home with me soon. Local shop has 'em for $410, and the guy is a former co-worker, so he will shave a little more off. Supposedly, dealer cost is $330. Lowest online price I have heard of is $359 but there are transfer fees and shipping added.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.