Magcharger LED replacement for halogen model... and strobe tail cap.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
I've looked at candle power forum to see what kind of recommendations they have but most of their posts are years old.

I was looking at one guy in some other country that sales a nice upgrade but he wants $125 U S plus $15 for shipping after the currency was converted.

does anyone have any better ones? i prefer something that is "direct fit" and not a goofy looking 3 led head.

ALSO,

Does anyone (besides me) remember the old tail cap replacements they made for maglites that were strobe lights? the big "G" had them in the 90's and then a few years back i saw another company was selling them as well, but alas my google searches are turning up nothing.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I looked for those tail caps and an led upgrade last last year for my magcharger. Only place I found the caps was flea bay and they were ridiculously expensive. (I secretly keep waiting for someone to make an LED version).

After seeing some comparison tests on the led conversions out there they don't "throw" as well as the old halogen bulbs. So I never looked any further into it. Good luck in the hunt.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
yea. like i said there is a guy in the netherlands i think. his product looks exceptional. it has 5 modes that are selectable off the stock switch but his price plus shipping is about the same as a new magcharger led.

have you looked into any of the battery mods to get longer use out of them?

glad im not the only one.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
No. I just bought a new batt stick for mine last last year while I was looking at everythimg else.
The only candleppwer forums hack I tried was "supercharging" the old battery in hopes of blowing the tin whiskers and memory out of it. It holds a 15 minute run time now. Not sure how many charge cycles it will work though. I keep it as a spare just in case.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
save on battery run time... and because...this elightbars, you shouldnt ask that question...:p

ive always liked the strobe light option, im wanting to do some night search training and this would be something to have instead of having to carry a flash and personal locator beacon.

and it looks like its no longer made....
https://www.copsplus.com/badgelight-flashlight-safety-strobe

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
Sorry, I more meant why are you retrofitting a Maglight instead of just buying a Nighstick, the brand I sell, for example. Act now and I'll throw in appreciation at no extra cost!:)

Reactions: StEaLtH2

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOHCZC

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.