Maglite XL100 (maglite out did themselves)

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
This is an EXCELLENT light for its price & size. Its very light weight.

I put it up against my S&W delta force and a 2 d cell led mag light and it was as bright as the delta force head on (since its only 7 lumens less) but brightness vs distance wise blew it out of the water.

its distance projection was same as 2 d cell led maglite.

Its powered by 3AAA Batteries which are considerably then the cr123's i normally have to buy.

Ot will last over 5 hours on high or 201 hours on low. (vs. 2 hours for the Delta Force)

Specifications:

Length: 4.8" (121.92 mm)

Barrel Diameter: 1" (25.4 mm)

Head Diameter: 1" (25.4 mm)

Weight with batteries: 3.68 oz. (104 g)

Features:

Normal Mode (Basic On-Off)

Adjustable Brightness with Memory (83 lumens at its brightest)

Strobe Mode

Adjustable Strobe Rate with Memory (rate and brightness adjustable)

Nite Lite™ Mode

Automatically Dims to a Low Setting (neat concept)

Signal Mode

User initiated signal on-off

SOS Mode

Signals International Morse Code SOS

Plus:

Lockout

Prevents accidental operation

there's only three things I'm not really liking about it so far:

1: the red tail cap switch. (would have preffered black)

[Broken External Image]:http://www.maglite.com/images/XL100_inset.jpg

2: no holster included (not really a "biggie" but this light is smaller then my S&W delta force so im using its holder for now)

3: when you go from spot to flood even at full brightness there is a considerable noticeable dimness to the light (optics?)

awww.bigcountrysupply.com_images_products_detail_XL100.jpg

I bought mine from the guys at Big Country Supply in this thread....

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=982

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
I've used this thing a couple times at work now. One was while stuck on a road with a MASSIVE tree over it and had to wait on street dept. While there, I did encounter some trouble. Seems the light got stuck being in dim mode. Since I couldn't see the tailcap in the dark, didn't know how to "reset" it back to normal flashlight mode. After a while of jacking with it, got it back to normal.

Also used it just the other night while scene lighting to local PD on a meth lab bust and had no issues with the light then (scene lighting provided by lights from the rig, not the flashlight :p )

I think having to hold the light a certain way to bring up the different "effects" is a design flaw. Should've been incorporated into the switch, because if you're in the dark, you can't see what's printed on the back of the cap. Using it just as a regular flashlight, this thing DEFINITELY puts out the light! Overall, I'm still pleased with it. I really don't have a use for all the other fancy stuff, it's just that first night I used it I had nothing better to do while waiting and tinkered with it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.