making a TA

amccullers

Premium Member
May 22, 2010
Wetumpka, Alabama
I have several parts lying around, tons of whelen edge halogens and frames and a code 3 TA controller. How does the TA controller work do I put the negatives in the harness and hot wire from lights go to a constant hot? Just got to thinking about it and figured I'd ask some folks here.

Thanks inadvance Andrew

You would have to check the output of the Code 3 TA controller.

W/O the model #, I cannot look that info up for ya.

The one you have pictured in your for sale ad by that MX7000 is a Basic ArrowStik controller (PN 7410). There should be a wiring diagram sticker stuck to the bottom of it:

0630000006.jpg[/attachment:3lruiwij]

You are correct in your understanding of how the controller works. Regardless, here is a summary off the top of my head.

Hook the black wire that comes out the back of the controller to a good ground. The 7-pin green plug takes the brown, orange, violet, yellow, and blue wires (positions 1 through 5) and connects them to ground to complete the circuit and light the lights. Position 6 isn't used for anything important, see the manual for details on its real use. Position 7 takes a wire that supplies the controller +12v DC. Don't forget to connect the red and red/white wires of the ArrowStik to a constant +12v DC source.

0630000006.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381