Very interesting.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
What about possession of stolen property? :lol:

TNFF412N

May 22, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
i think the charges will get dismissed, I Think he was had a stolen gun, but i think he was just fed up with these people speeding up and down his road, got out and said something he shouldnt have. I think there is more to this story that i would like to know. Has he ever been in trouble with the law before, did he have a concealed weapons permit, how is the stolen gun related..ie did he work at the police department, how did the gun get stolen....... i have heard people in the heat of a fight say things that werent exactly true to get the other person to stop the aggression. im not saying this guy was right, but he wasnt your average impersonator with a crown vic and lights all over it.

cutiger

Jun 11, 2010
SC
It pisses me off how the reporters say loaded gun. They say it like it's taboo.

UndercoverVLS

Jun 1, 2010
NY
WOW, talk about getting off light??!!!??! A stolen firearm from a Police Dept and he only got charged with failure to have a permit??? Southern states are so lenient with gun laws

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
cutiger said:
It pisses me off how the reporters say loaded gun. They say it like it's taboo.

No kidding. What good is an unloaded gun, a heavy "missle?"

cutiger

Jun 11, 2010
SC
I know cause it's not like you can put a clip in and pull back the slide in like all of 5 seconds.

John

May 30, 2010
NYC
cutiger said:
I know cause it's not like you can put a clip in and pull back the slide in like all of 5 seconds.
5 seconds? Sounds like someone needs to go to the range more often.

cutiger

Jun 11, 2010
SC
John said:
5 seconds? Sounds like someone needs to go to the range more often.
Wasn't talking about me I was talking about the average person.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
This happens quite often in my neighbor hood, people will stop people that are speeding in my subdivision. I also do this because i live on the busiest street in the subdivision and there are kids that live in almost every house on the street. I will stop people and tell them to slow down or i will call the police. I recall one lady in my subdivision was slightly intoxicated one night and we got a call that she was vandalizing someones car, me and another unit responded and the guy was doing donuts in the culdesac and she stopped him and was pounding on his hood screaming at him. Its outrageous how fast people drive around here, when i was in the reserve we had a traffic officer shooting radar in my subdivision and he said he clocked a lady going 87 mph in a subdivision, thats just nuts!

Rofocowboy84

May 20, 2010
Centre County, PA
Fast LT1 said:
This happens quite often in my neighbor hood, people will stop people that are speeding in my subdivision. I also do this because i live on the busiest street in the subdivision and there are kids that live in almost every house on the street. I will stop people and tell them to slow down or i will call the police. I recall one lady in my subdivision was slightly intoxicated one night and we got a call that she was vandalizing someones car, me and another unit responded and the guy was doing donuts in the culdesac and she stopped him and was pounding on his hood screaming at him. Its outrageous how fast people drive around here, when i was in the reserve we had a traffic officer shooting radar in my subdivision and he said he clocked a lady going 87 mph in a subdivision, thats just nuts!

You're a civilian who performs traffic stops?

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Lol i don't pull people over i just get em to slow down and tell hey dumbass don't fly down my street because kids play here. Trust me if you lived here you'd do it too! I was in the Reserve with a pd here if thats what you are referring too.

Klein

May 22, 2010
Texas
Fast LT1 said:
Lol i don't pull people over i just get em to slow down and tell hey dumbass don't fly down my street because kids play here. Trust me if you lived here you'd do it too! I was in the Reserve with a pd here if thats what you are referring too.

That is not your responsibility nor do you have any authority. If you were to do that around here, well, nobody would listen to you and tell you to piss up a pole. As long as kids aren't playing in the street where they do not belong then they should be safe from anyone driving down the street (that aspect falls back on parenting; streets/cul-de-sacs are for vehicles not people). The best option if you must confront someone would be go to their residence and talk to them there not try and play po-po in your POV. Approaching someone while they're in their vehicle isn't smart. One could think you're trying to harm them, at least I would. Whomever pulls over for anyone except a cop on duty is just asking for it anyway much less John Doe playing LEO.

TNFF412N

May 22, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
I understand where this guy is coming from, i live in the country, my street is in an L shape and we have a guy at the end of my street that we have clocked at 70 miles an hour. i have gone an knocked on his door and advised him of how i feel. But you doing this as a non LEO are taking a chance just like the guy that this thread is about. You approach my vehicle with a raised voice trying to imtimidate me, i might just feel threatened enough to show you my id and pistol. This forum is crawling with LEOs and emergency service folks. The way you wrote your reply made it seem like you were doing something not exactly legal......

Fast LT1 wrote:

How do you get them to slow down?????

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Just approach the car while its coming down the street or flag them down, i don't stand in the middle of the street shouting obscenities or anything! :D

But now we have been parking your cars in the street, thats what most of us down the whole street do now, every house has a car in the street and the traffic has to stop every 5 feet to let the other drive go by, it pisses them off but i rather them mad then to run over some little kid who is chasing after a ball! Im not trying to play po-po and i don't pull them over with my car. We've had one kid hit by a ford ranger last Christmas while he was crossing the street and i really don't want that to happen to anyone else. I will try to take some video of these guys hauling ass down our street then you will think twice about telling me not to tell someone to slow down.

TNFF412N

May 22, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
well in my veiw call the police and let them handle it. you confronting them is asking for trouble, they may be your neighbors, but you are already is a pissed off mood when you see them haul ass past your house, you get up and go to them and you might not be approaching them the right way. Your voice might be elevated, your posture might just be a little off and could be taken as aggressive.. think of it this way.. you see a guy running up to you while you are getting out of the car and he is telling you to slow down because of this and that, He is in an aggrevated state and unless he lives right next door you ethier had to run or drive fast to catch him while he is getting out of his car... if you did this to me , i wouldnt greet you with a smile. I think you have good intentions but you might get hurt. what if they are a drug dealer and you run up on them, cop, armed citizen pissed off teenagers, the list goes on, see if you can get the police to put a speed trailer on your street, some ofthe new ones have cameras installed too .............

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Our city doesn't use the speed trailers anymore, people kept driving into them, dunno how, they are painted bright orange and have yellow lights, but people kept slamming into them. I do call the west patrol and tell them to come shoot radar but it only happens once a month, unless i see one of the traffic officers i know somewhere then i will usually try to get them to shoot radar but they don't do it enough. Im guna try to get elected on the H.O.A. so i can get speed bumps installed in our subdivision. We just have lots of bad drivers around here, our community mailboxes used to be made out of a thick plastic but people kept running them down with their cars, every year they would replace them, finally they made them out of 1/2 inch thick steel and anchored them to the concrete. People run over the street signs and all kinds of crap, they drive through peoples yards and stuff. It makes me wonder how many people around here are driving under the influence.

Klein

May 22, 2010
Texas
Fast LT1 said:
We just have lots of bad drivers around here, our community mailboxes used to be made out of a thick plastic but people kept running them down with their cars, every year they would replace them, finally they made them out of 1/2 inch thick steel and anchored them to the concrete. People run over the street signs and all kinds of crap, they drive through peoples yards and stuff. It makes me wonder how many people around here are driving under the influence.

Consider moving? and the speeders...

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Im looking to move to nashville or Mt. Juliet, pending on a job and getting on with the Mt. Juliet Volunteer Fire Dept.

JediTalen

Jun 19, 2011
Bummertown, WA
I once lived on a street with a speed problem so I got a white sedan and a 4-foot piece of 4x4 lumber. Painted the 4x4 blue and laid it across the roof, parked it out front sat on the porch and watched the brakelights! Problem solved.

LawrenceM1993

Jun 2, 2010
Saratoga NY/Norfolk VA
11b101abn said:
Uness that weapon is a Garand, '03 Springfield, or similar, I am pretty ssure a magazine is used.

Magazine.

NOT clip.

Thank You!!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
thread ressurected from a year ago:haha:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.