Mars MSS-6 Siren

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
I just picked this little gem up from board member jtf027. (Tommy is a great guy, by the way)

It is a Mars MSS-6 siren, restored by the guru, John Dorgan before his untimely death. It is 6" but has a nice, throaty growl for it's size. The Mars spec. sheet was posted before by John Marcson, so many thanks to him. I believe it was manufactured in the early 70's, but any info. would be welcome.

P.S. Pay no attention to the fat man in the reflection of the chrome!

mars siren 001.jpg

mars siren 002.jpg

mars siren 003.jpg

mars siren 004.jpg

scan0034.jpg

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Looks great! Nice grab!

P.S. I paid no attention to the fat man in the reflection.....well maybe a little ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Very nice siren, indeed. This one has to be an older unit, as it has the metal rotor. I bought an MSS-6 siren in 1983, new from the factory. This was just after Mars was bought out by Trippe. The new units had a red plastic rotor. Same good sound, but the lighter-weight rotor gave it a bit better roll. That's the opposite of what I've always known about sirens: the heavier the rotor the longer the roll, so go figure. But it worked fine.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeystoneDiesel

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.