MARS SKYBOLT. Trying to remove the plate, what is the trick?

Oct 28, 2010
Kingston NY
Hi group:

I am trying to remove the plate to get inside. What is the trick? It moves 1/8 of an inch in both directions when I tap the holes with a screwdriver and a hammer?

Thanks in advance!

PinballCharlie

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Unscrew the screws that have the plastic around them and pull up. If you cant pull it out, then the wiring is too tight on that beacon try the other side first to loosen it. I am assuming your trying to get to the motor right? Your not talking about removing the copper plate? Avoid tapping with screw driver and hammer!!!!! Plastic tube retainers inside will break gotta be very careful with these since they are old plastic!

Images thanks to member Benno

attachment-1.jpeg

2015-03-15 18.12.06.png

2015-03-15 18.12.31.png

Oct 28, 2010
Kingston NY
Thank you Jenny!!!! That did the trick with a little bit of persuasion. No worries, I only tapped gently with the hammer. I am trying to see what wires are the ground and positive wires to test it out. Would you or anyone happen to know that?

image.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesseclark2448

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.