Mars Spectra System Bar Still In Service!

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
This 90's era GMC Vandura is still sporting a Mars Spectra bar. The truck is in daily use by the Xenia, Ohio service department. The pic is lousy, buy you get the idea. I will have to watch the city auctions for that one some day! The interesting thing is, Xenia had a division of Mars Signal in town until the mid 90's or so. I think they may have made window tint meters, but I am not sure. Anybody have an idea??

CAM00168.jpg

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Pretty cool, good catch there mister! :thumbsup: I'd go visit them and offer them a modern bar in trade for it and see if they have any others laying around collecting dust.

Last edited by a moderator:

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
Roughly nine or ten years ago, I was on a Army Guard base near me and the MPs had some old CUCVs had those bars on them. This was before camera phones were of decent quality, but if I ever go on the base again in the future, I'll try to snag a pic.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.