Mars Spectrasystem lady won't sell me

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmd224

Nov 3, 2011
NE Kansas
I've been trying to buy & save a Mars Spectrasystem Lightbar that is sitting outside on a soon-to-be-rusted firetruck, however the lady won't sell it to me. I've been super nice & image.jpeg even gone so far as to tell her how rare of a gem of a Lightbar she has, but like most nimrods who let firetrucks rot away outside; she thinks she has a "rare" truck worth much more than market value.
It's posted on Craigslist in KC : https://kansascity.craigslist.org/clt/5366696591.html
Good luck if you can get her to sell it to you, rather than let it rot outdoors.

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
Offer her a trade instead. Convince her to let you install a Federal model 184 or similar on the truck and tell her its much more period correct and would help the overall look and increase the chances of selling it!

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
The endcaps have the original decal!!! Please get me a good clear picture of one of the "spectrasystem"decal/ tags, so I can get it reproduced. Please,please please,with sugar on top!

I have bought an entire fire truck for a Mars bar in the past before lol. Drove it cross country too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maxim2Eng

10-99.NET

May 21, 2010
Grovespring, MO
Yah, the truck is scrap! I can't believe they are calling it 'rare'! What are those things on the stancions? Fork Lift strobes? And what's the deal about Ford closed their doors? Close by to me, but aside from the bar, crusher price is way down right now!

bmd224

Nov 3, 2011
NE Kansas
10-99, I tried to tell her the same thing, but like so many others they think their used, rural, rusted out Firetruck is a brand new 2016 105' Sutphen aerial platform quint w/ 2000 gpm pump.... By the way, im the guy who bought the vintage beacons from you last year at winter fire school.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
You should make like you want the truck, but bring an appraiser with you. If you know a buddy that works on trucks and knows market values, he could help you out too. A professional opinion may sway the lady's mind. "May" is the key word though. I've encountered this same mindset at salvage yards. Extremely irritating to say the least.

bmd224

Nov 3, 2011
NE Kansas
Ive given her an appraisal of the truck, complete with ' comparables', and explained I do NOT want to buy the truck; just the lightbar. Yet she keeps sending me emails & texts about how great it is.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Huh. She must really want that thing gone if she's emailing YOU. Strange person for sure. I'd try to find a friend that'd want the truck for parts, scrap, etc and maybe that'll be the only way to get what you want. Best of luck, man!

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Eh, what the hell! I sent an e-mail about the bar too! Maybe if enough people make offers, or lowball offers, and keep harassing her about the bar she will cave and sell it to someone just to shut us up haha!

Nathan R

Lifetime VIP Donor
Mar 27, 2014
USA
Since this thread DOES point out a valid item For Sale on Craigslist, it has been relocated here, as a more appropriate section.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
LMFAO!!

Here was her reply!!!

Hi, the MARS Lightbar is in good working order. The lenses need cleaning, but that's all. I will sell the Mars lightbar, for $1200. I believe that to be a fair price, as I cannot find any for sale on the internet. Thanks Sue

WireKing

Dec 16, 2010
USA Southwest
Well that blew right up in your face! Now you've got to convince her you want to buy it but it's really not worth much all of a sudden. Lol. Tell her she can't find the bar on the internet because she's living on the wrong planet.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
so because the light isn't on the internet its worth $1200? wow using that logic since microman industries is no longer in business I will sell 8 microman lights for $9600

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
So, then the RARE 1963 Ford F-600 truck is actually only worth $1,600 if you subtract out the Spectrasystem. Maybe we should be asking her how much for the truck without the bar. She can't sell the truck but now she thinks she's got a hook on folks with the bar.

bmd224

Nov 3, 2011
NE Kansas
Now you guys know what I'm dealing with when I tried buying it from her. White trash logic! And, the best part is I am the one who told her what kind of Lightbar & nozzles she has, which she is now using against me by jacking up the price & posting it in her ad all over the place.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Well that blew right up in your face! Now you've got to convince her you want to buy it but it's really not worth much all of a sudden. Lol. Tell her she can't find the bar on the internet because she's living on the wrong planet.
Haha, yea, that is pretty much what I did/said!

Zapp Brannigan said:
WOWZA!!
Well, I appreciate your reply, however a HIGH-end price for this bar would be $350-400 (in mint condition), I would say this one is about $200-250, plus shipping. If you wish to work something out please let me know, but there is no way that the lightbar is worth almost half of your asking price for the entire fire vehicle.

Reactions: bmd224

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
I cannot wait to see her reply to you, Zapp. I'm sure it's gonna be gold :D

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I sent her an offer of $200 + shipping. She replied that she turned down an offer of $350 and is now thinking that she shouldn't have. I explained that I think her valuation of it was high and that she should consider less. She thanked me for my honesty and said she'll consider less. I'm gonna bow out of this and hope one of you can secure it for a good price.

Just wanted to hammer her with a lower offer to try and help you out :)

Reactions: bmd224 and SBFD-E-9

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
I wonder if that odd lady will sell the bar to bmd224 now that we've become involved in influencing her change of heart. I wish you the best of luck, dude!

bmd224

Nov 3, 2011
NE Kansas
Thanks everyone! I'll recon tact her & see. I even offered to install a code 3 XL with 8 sealed beam rotators in it (very heavy bar) for her for free.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Thanks everyone! I'll recon tact her & see. I even offered to install a code 3 XL with 8 sealed beam rotators in it (very heavy bar) for her for free.

Someone contact her and say you'd buy the truck, but only with an XL9000 lightbar.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.