me responding to a fight call in my pd unit

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
do you always respond with lights and no siren on a highway with cross traffic to a public disturbance? Seems a bit un safe to the public imho.

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
yea, they were on...Sounded just fine crossing a bridge with no traffic to just past the camera....Then when traffic is seen in the video his siren is turned off.

codemaster

Jun 23, 2012
mississippi
ryan said:
do you always respond with lights and no siren on a highway with cross traffic to a public disturbance? Seems a bit un safe to the public imho.

as i came to the intersection i turned it back on the video cut off before i before i started running again

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Uhm... :confused: Does anyone else find this video to be wierd...? OP, do you alwasy have a guy waiting to video tape you responding...? I could see of this was a dash cam vid, but it seems awful fishy that a guy videoed you responding... Plus the guy was standing in the middle of the opposite lase you were traveling in... Very unsafe to me in my eyes...

Maybe it's just me though... :hopeless:

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
What I see is that an inside light bar and an outside lightbar is a useless combination. Makes no sense.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
TritonBoulder47 said:
Uhm... :confused: Does anyone else find this video to be wierd...? OP, do you alwasy have a guy waiting to video tape you responding...? I could see of this was a dash cam vid, but it seems awful fishy that a guy videoed you responding... Plus the guy was standing in the middle of the opposite lase you were traveling in... Very unsafe to me in my eyes...

Maybe it's just me though... :hopeless:

I was thinking the same thing, I just didn't want to come out and ask the question. :undecided:

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Again this is ELB. We are not here to police the police. Welcome to ELB and nice vid. Now all we need is a daytime vid of your patrol car with the LEDs on.

Jan 4, 2012
Central, Florida
wow alls i saw was a just a blue blur. like back to the future when this baby hits 88 mph your gunna see some serious ...

get a interior camera for the car it would be better for us viewers :thumbsup:

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
VolEms said:
Again this is ELB. We are not here to police the police.

I'm not trying to "Police the Police"... I'm just simply stating the rather odd nature of the video, that is all... My appologies for voicing my opinion on a PUBLIC forum... I'll try and police myself better... *sarcasm*

codemaster

Jun 23, 2012
mississippi
TritonBoulder47 said:
I'm not trying to "Police the Police"... I'm just simply stating the rather odd nature of the video, that is all... My appologies for voicing my opinion on a PUBLIC forum... I'll try and police myself better... *sarcasm*

non taken . fyi i was going to meet my brother to pick up my gps i just got a hot call and was turning around in and he filmed it as i was comming off the bridge ... there it is happy .??

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
ryan said:

Is a/the fight a public disturbance or an assault and battery in progress? It is common for police officers to respond with nothing or lights or lights and sirens at their discretion.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
yep... respond lights and siren routinely to fights and very hot disturbances

codemaster

Jun 23, 2012
mississippi
badge22 said:
Is a/the fight a public disturbance or an assault and battery in progress? It is common for police officers to respond with nothing or lights or lights and sirens at their discretion.

the initial call was a fight in progress at a bar ther was a unit that was close on scene i belive we all where running code to get to him asap

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
I can understand running lights and siren to a fight call, especially if you are the back up. It's a bad plan for a lone officer to respond to a disturbance. I think it's gotten to the point that it's a questionable plan for an officer to respond to anything without back up these days.

codemaster

Jun 23, 2012
mississippi
stansdds said:
I can understand running lights and siren to a fight call, especially if you are the back up. It's a bad plan for a lone officer to respond to a disturbance. I think it's gotten to the point that it's a questionable plan for an officer to respond to anything without back up these days.

same thing i was saying but i have done it once before he just was on top of the scene when the call came out

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.