Mechanical Siren restorations?

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Who is doing mechanical siren restorations? I don't want to go through Joe Dorgan. I have a customer I don't want dissapointed. Thanks

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Thank you Dan I will ask Gary for a price estimate /time frame.

How is B&M Sirens on restorations?

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
You definitely dont want to use Dorgan for anything
Saw a post on the "Vintage Police Everything" Facebook page and Joe has dinged folks who commented on his crimes. Here's the original post
Gene Lambert
November 2 at 12:56pm
BEWARE of doing business with Joe aka Joey Dorgan of www.sirenman.com/ He is a liar and an unethical business person. I paid him in November of 2014, $1,600 for restoration for several beacons/sirens and to this day I have yet to receive the last item that he has professed for over 2 years now is ready and "i promise i will ship tomorrow" has never come.
LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR....HE HAS HAD FULL PAYMENT FOR SERVICES RENDERED SINCE 2014.....THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE THE PREVIOUS 1.5 YEARS HE HAD MY BEACONS/LIGHTS BEFORE THEY WERE SUPPOSEDLY READY........
Not being a hard ass, i have been more than patient, listened to his sad sob stories about life etc...........BUT JOE/JOEY DORGAN is a plain liar.........and i'm not sure how you restore beacons by sending them back with the same old wires dangling from them?
Gene Lambert, Chief, Ret.

How is B&M Sirens on restorations?
If it's a B&M siren, no question--send to them in CA. They have all the correct parts and tools, and Kevin at B&M IS top notch--excellent communications! A few months and less than $350 got my 1957 S8 restored by the craftsmen in their shop! I surprised him by asking for pics during the resto--no one had asked that before. Here are the before, during and after shots:

IMG_0174.JPG IMG_0175.JPG IMG_0598.JPG IMG_0643.JPG IMG_0642.JPG IMG_0667.JPG IMG_0685.JPG IMG_0686.JPG IMG_0684.JPG

Kevin was able to tell me by the serial number when and where it was shipped...a local shop that has long since gone out of business, but nice to know it was shipped originally to my area.

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.