Medics- how would you treat? (VERY GRAPHIC)

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
Pack the mouth, lay on stomach with face down and legs elevated, and TWD!!!!

Klein

May 22, 2010
Texas
well from what i saw in the video he wasn't bleeding too badly. i would just dress the wound and transport. if he was bleeding profusely than i would trendelenberg him.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
If it messed with his airway I'd intubate or do a surgical airway. Otherwise I'd apply pressure, imobilize and transport with the backboard tilted with a suction cath in his mouth if needed. Also I'd laugh... just a little

ne33

May 25, 2010
Winston Salem, NC
JohnMarcson said:
If it messed with his airway I'd intubate or do a surgical airway. Otherwise I'd apply pressure, imobilize and transport with the backboard tilted with a suction cath in his mouth if needed. Also I'd laugh... just a little

Shoot, I think the bull took care of the crich for ya!

May 21, 2010
Calhoun, TN
It sure looked like the bull's horn penetrated his throat then came out his mouth. I would RSI (give meds to make him "go night night") & intubate the Pt to protect the airway. Control the bleeding with gauze, & definetely spinal package this dude.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
RuralFireMedic said:
It sure looked like the bull's horn penetrated his throat then came out his mouth. I would RSI (give meds to make him "go night night") & intubate the Pt to protect the airway. Control the bleeding with gauze, & definetely spinal package this dude.

A Maxillofacial / Oral trauma

B Surgical Airway site

Based on the location and amount of "A" I bet I'd be confirming the location of "B" really quickly... just a guess. It's possible that the damage may still allow oraltracheal intubation....

Either way he'll need airway control and imobilization. Pretty cool really.

bull.jpg

ffemt045

May 24, 2010
belmont NY
Id let him get infected and die a slow painfulk death. How you think the bull feels? He got what was coming to him.

Henry455

May 21, 2010
Houston, TX
Does not look like he is doing too well:

MADRID -- A Madrid hospital says Spanish bullfighter Julio Aparicio has returned to intensive care and is fighting an infection after a horrific goring in the throat by a bull.

Aparicio had left the unit and was recovering well on Monday following surgery to reconstruct his throat, mouth and palate, but outbreak of an infection forced a return to the unit where doctors placed him on mechanically assisted breathing,

In a statement released Saturday the hospital says Aparicio is now breathing normally and it describes his condition as "grave" but stable.

The matador slipped in a bullring, fell to the ground and a 1,168 pound (530-kilogram) bull drove his right horn through Aparicio's throat and out his mouth.

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
paybacks are a bitch,it sucks it happens but what about the bull

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
c-spine, airway, bleeding control, high flow O2, vitals monitoring, back board, get his ass to the hospital. ( I;m only a Certified First Responder) EMT will be done after i finish LpN School.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
One round of JHP .40 S&W should do the trick :cool: and as for the bull i would patch him up and feed him some nice green hay for doing a good job

cbratt

May 21, 2010
Idaho
I would apply a SpongeBob Band-Aid to the tip of the horn. Most likely damaged by the bull fighters clenched teeth. Pat the nice bull on the head and send him on his way.

cutiger

Jun 11, 2010
SC
Patch it up and tell him A.B.C. (Ambulance Be Coming)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.