Meet Ruby

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
Meet Ruby! Newest addition to "The Lab"! A genuine 1986 CHP Mustang! Her name was given due to her Steady Red Spotlight! ;)

ai147.photobucket.com_albums_r302_ford_dealer_Untitled.jpg

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
Dan, Well... I MUST admit that it is KILLING me! I want to add some vintage Whelen product! :D

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
Ha! I am conflicted! CHP didn't use any Whelen products back then! This car even has the original keys, key tag showing the unit # and all of the paperwork showing its assignments from day one to the day it was auctioned off!

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
Note the CVPI next toit! LOL! 2 of 3 for one day is an accomplishment! :)

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Hoser said:
Nice, if you get a chance post some better pic's please.
:goodpost: :iagree: please do! I would love to see more of her! where did you find her?

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
ford-dealer said:
Ha! I am conflicted! CHP didn't use any Whelen products back then! This car even has the original keys, key tag showing the unit # and all of the paperwork showing its assignments from day one to the day it was auctioned off!

thats right they didn't, they knew better back in those days, LMAO. nice pony by the way!

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
ERIC6913 said:
thats right they didn't, they knew better back in those days, LMAO. nice pony by the way!

WATCH IT MISTER! :hissyfit: hehehehehe

I found her in Austin TX. She was in the hands of a Mustang collector who was trying to find a great 1986 make a TX DPS car. He bought this one and it was sooo nice and unmolested and so well documented, that he couldn't bring himself to defile its history by converting it to a TX car. He finally found a real TX DPS car so.... this one became available. :yes:

I love the 1986 year because: 1st year of Port Fuel Injection and Last year of the Glass Headlights! Best of both worlds IMHO!

More pics to follow soon! :thumbsup:

OSP959(R)

Mar 22, 2011
Ohio
ford-dealer said:
I found her in Austin TX. She was in the hands of a Mustang collector who was trying to find a great 1986 make a TX DPS car. He bought this one and it was sooo nice and unmolested and so well documented, that he couldn't bring himself to defile its history by converting it to a TX car. He finally found a real TX DPS car so.... this one became available. :yes:

So........

Are you going to defile it's history?

You really want Whelen.

Didn't whelen make a Par 46? If you used those in the rear instead of the Dietz (as a CHP test vehicle...) you'd only piss off some of the collectors. LOL.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Wow! What a great LED spot light!! I love that mirrorbeam! But which one is named Ruby?

*trollface*

Wheels

May 23, 2010
El Paso, Texas
What a great looking car and I love this style of mustang with the sealed beam headlamps. Ooo, I see some beautiful lights in the background too!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helmi

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.