Melted Light

fordtruck661

Jul 31, 2011
CT
One of the guys as my FD had this light in his car. Has any one seen a light melt like this. He says that it melted just from the heat inside the car during the summer.

Note this is not a Whelen light. Some kind of knock off

ai1308.photobucket.com_albums_s603_Devin_Chasse_photo2_zps7d302165.jpg

ai1308.photobucket.com_albums_s603_Devin_Chasse_b6c31fa1_f376_4adf_9eb6_ff7eb2cefe92_zpsd8d4d480.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
About 5 years ago, I bought 10 import dual Talon knock-offs. All melted due the Texas sun while sitting on the dash in the front window. However, mine had the black housing / flash shield melt, not the clear lenses.

My genuine Whelen Talons survived the same Texas sun with no signs of melting or other stress.

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
ERM said:
And people wonder why we tell them not to buy knockoffs. :duh:

No, they don't. They ignore us, buy the trash anyway because they (insert whiny bitch can't afford it, on a budget, wife said no, bullshit justification excuse here).

Then, after something like this, or another guaranteed failure happens, they get on here and post their sob story and are all bent out of shape because the trash they spent their hard earned money on died, failed or whatnot, and the scum they bought the trash from won't repair, replace or refund their money.

Then, tomorrow if same said scum runs a sale on the same trash, they buy more, and then get on here and tell how it was just too good of a deal to pass up.

Sound about right?

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
cajunblitz said:
No, they don't. They ignore us, buy the trash anyway because they (insert whiny bitch can't afford it, on a budget, wife said no, bullshit justification excuse here).

Then, after something like this, or another guaranteed failure happens, they get on here and post their sob story and are all bent out of shape because the trash they spent their hard earned money on died, failed or whatnot, and the scum they bought the trash from won't repair, replace or refund their money.

Then, tomorrow if same said scum runs a sale on the same trash, they buy more, and then get on here and tell how it was just too good of a deal to pass up.

Sound about right?

No, no, no. Tell us how you really feel. :p

wrecker44

Jul 17, 2010
spokane,wa
I had a code 3 RVM dual strobe dash light that would over-heat and go into shut-down mode on some of the warmer summer days.....but it didn't melt like that!!! LOL. Then again.....it wasn't a cheap knock-off either.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhaberny

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.