Memphis TN Police Cars Over the Years

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
Nice job converting the MSP NGPI to MPD but you left the MSP hood fin. The RV-26 looks sweet in blue, I gotta say. Chelsea PD used to run them and DPD (Detroit) ran them with high skirts.

You're RIGHT! Good catch. And I also posted these on the Facebook page "Vintage Police Everything." One of the guys there also pointed out the fin. I just did a quick removal of it.

I personally remember Detroit Police using the the RV-26 (blue Spitfire) with tall bases. It was always cool to see MSP units and DPD units on the same scene with their red and blue Spitfires fired up at the same time.

Reactions: jph2

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
I personally remember Detroit Police using the the RV-26 (blue Spitfire) with tall bases. It was always cool to see MSP units and DPD units on the same scene with their red and blue Spitfires fired up at the same time.
That would have been so cool to see! Unfortunately, in those days I lived on the other side of the state.

Reactions: LRGJr72

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
IMG_0531.JPG

I was there this weekend. Storm did a lot of damage. Saw this car at one of the 30 Walmart lol.... found out later it was a decoy car

Reactions: jph2 and Tony P

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Was that motorhome a drug confiscation?

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
there was a MPD officer at the graduation party i was at. he was a friend of the host. I should have asked them if they at least move them around on occasion...

this one had 2 rotators and strobe halogens in it.

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
there was a MPD officer at the graduation party i was at. he was a friend of the host. I should have asked them if they at least move them around on occasion...

this one had 2 rotators and strobe halogens in it.

I've NeVeR seen an MPD AdvantEdge with rotators. I don't think the MPD has used any lighting with rotators since 1982. Are you certain?

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Yup outboards were clearly rotators shoulda took more pics lol

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
just now saw your question. am i certain i was at wal mart in memphis and this car was there?

Reactions: LRGJr72

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.