Mic clip mounting in Chargers...show me where

C2Installs

May 24, 2010
Tennessee
The new Chargers are frustrating me.

I spend way too much time trying to find good locations for mic clips. The car has zero real estate for them. Most are getting Jotto consoles, but due to laptop stands, cupholders, the various equipment used, etc., it is all but impossible to find a spot for the radio mics. Driving me bonkers. I am sick of fabricating brackets, and customers are generally not spec'ing solutions. I've used some Magnetic Mic units, and they work great but still need a mounting location. I am looking at the Havis mic clip brackets, which are L-shaped. But all seem to still leave one big problem...they put the mic where it is easy to "knee-key" or otherwise accidently key it just riding around or getting into/out of the car. I would prefer it to be up on the dash, but literally no room plus the silly shift lever couldn't be more in the way.

So, show me your solutions...

EVModules

May 16, 2010
Deer Park, WA
IMG_1379.jpg

Not certain if this would help since you did say that you were sick of making brackets but there were a number of chargers that used the same console so a bunch of these were fabricated. One size fits all works very well. It's a 1" wide piece and the clips were angled & facing the operator (pull to release, push to hang). Couldn't do without them.

C2Installs

May 24, 2010
Tennessee
Thanks all.

The Havis L-brackets are what I have in mind. I think I'll just get a couple dozen in to have on hand. The customers seldom (never) remember to order the details.

Sean, that looks pretty good. Have any more shots?

Finally, if someone has an interest and the means to fabricate, I have a great idea for a dash-based, dual mic bracket for the current Chargers. Similar to the Jotto/Havis/Cruisers/Bradford dual mic bracket for the CVPIs.

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
C2Installs said:
Finally, if someone has an interest and the means to fabricate, I have a great idea for a dash-based, dual mic bracket for the current Chargers. Similar to the Jotto/Havis/Cruisers/Bradford dual mic bracket for the CVPIs.

I have the means to fabricate. Price and priority will depend on demand though. PM me your thoughts and we'll exchange info.

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
C2Installs said:
Sean, that looks pretty good. Have any more shots?

The mic in the lower right is mounted on that same bracket

afarm8.staticflickr.com_7373_8892427679_1f0a05b929_z.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadlad

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.