Mic Common Relay SS2000-SM

Black_9C1

Oct 22, 2013
New York
As per the manual, the PURPLE wire will send a +12V signal to activate a relay to allow the use of a common mic. (One Mic for PA and radio(s)) It says I have to use an installer sourced relay, but doesn't give any specs.

Is this a basic 12V Bosch style relay or something special?

Thanks,

Rich

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
Black_9C1 said:
As per the manual, the PURPLE wire will send a +12V signal to activate a relay to allow the use of a common mic. (One Mic for PA and radio(s)) It says I have to use an installer sourced relay, but doesn't give any specs.

Is this a basic 12V Bosch style relay or something special?

Something special. You'll need a relay with as many poles (independent circuits) as mic conductors. E.g., if the mic has a 4 pin plug, use a 4-pole, double throw relay. Plus you need a jack for the mic, mic plugs for the radio and PA units, shielded cable, pinout diagrams for everything....

Much simpler to use separate mics.

Black_9C1

Oct 22, 2013
New York
Unfotunately, I agree!

Way more trouble to get a cleaner installation. I would need an 8 wire for the radio and the PA is probably 3 or 4.

Ah well.

Thanks,

Rich

MtnMan said:
Something special. You'll need a relay with as many poles (independent circuits) as mic conductors. E.g., if the mic has a 4 pin plug, use a 4-pole, double throw relay. Plus you need a jack for the mic, mic plugs for the radio and PA units, shielded cable, pinout diagrams for everything....

Much simpler to use separate mics.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.