Michigan DNR Conservation Officer Setup

Stephen Parent

Feb 5, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Hello - I'm looking for information on the Michigan DNR Conservation Officer Silverado setup. Specifically, the light they have in their windshield, directly in front of the rear view mirror. I will post my current setup on this post -- however I just bought another truck as the one posted (another for my business) that I will be outfitting and want to do the clean install like the DNR truck, seen their lights activated on the highway and could not believe how bright it was....

This is my current setup..

Thank in advance for anyone that can help! I'll send ya a gift from our company for the help!

Stephen

Reactions: OliverD

unityrv26

Mar 4, 2012
Michigan
The all red is pretty much a "blob of LED light". Pick a more alternating pattern. I like the alternating red/white much better.

I have a few buds that are C/O's. I'll find out what they are using. Are you talking about the full length lighting, or the single light that mounts above the mirror? They have both.

Stephen Parent

Feb 5, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
The all red is pretty much a "blob of LED light". Pick a more alternating pattern. I like the alternating red/white much better.

I have a few buds that are C/O's. I'll find out what they are using. Are you talking about the full length lighting, or the single light that mounts above the mirror? They have both.

Both? I really like the one behind the RVM -- and would be interested to know what they have on the back "Truck Rack" also -- I've been in Michigan for 35 years -- I had never seen a DNR truck "lit" I was blown away... I had no idea they lit up like that, was very impressed, given the weather, snow etc how bright their lights shined through.

TACKLEBERRY

Sep 20, 2010
Norton, MA
I haven't seen the new setup of this DNR Silverado you speak of, but for As long as I can remember they've favored Whelen lights. They were one of the first agencies, that I know of, who did complete vehicle sync and dedicated park and response patterns; first using ULF44s and now CanTrol.

Stephen Parent

Feb 5, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
NFPA lists it as a best practice and white is quite blinding to drivers at night, ruining night vision. So that would be my guess as to why he does it.
NFPA! Plus, it's pretty deep in the culture here also. You will rarely see white when not in motion unless you're on a very serious scene, and you just don't have time to switch. However with the SOS Blueprint system -- mine automatically goes all read once I go into Park.

Reactions: Blake and tsquale

Blake

Sep 21, 2016
Savannah Georgia
Because of the black split in the middle, to me it looks like two single avengers. I have a dual avenger and the lights aren't split that far. They are right next to each other.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.