Microman 16" B/B/B/B 3 Watt LED Stick.....>>WOW!!!<<

mpaine

Dec 20, 2011
USA
Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls.....

Here is my review for the Microman Industries 16" MicroStarBar G3. I received this bar, packaged very well, in a USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate tube (or triangle box thingy). Took it out of the box and the lens was covered with a protective film, which I like! Also, the cord was neatly zip tied to the bar to avoid entanglement. The flasher was also included in it's own little cardboard box (contained within the tube) and also packaged well. Now, before I go any farther, for those of you that don't know, Microman bars do NOT come with their own flashers, or have one built in either. You have to purchase an external one, as I did, off of his website. Any LED flasher will do really, or so I'm told. The MSB came with clear instructions on what the different wires meant and it was very easy to set up with the flasher. Now let's get down to the part that everybody likes. (Sorry, no photos this time around. I was too excited to get it in the truck!)

For this application, I have my MSBG3 placed behind my grille, centered.

VIDEO Bright sunlight, facing sun:

STOP, HAMMER TIME: My Personal Critique...

Awesome-Factor: A+

It's awesome. Hands down. I really don't ever like to sway extremely either way on the good/bad scale for fear of bias, but the MicroStarBar G3 surpasses every other light I have ever personally used to this day in head-on brightness and intensity.

Brightness: A+

The three watt leds contained in this bar rival linear leds in intensity and certainly pack a powerful punch. As you can see in the night time video, they throw so much light against the wall of the firehouse, you'd think they were blue takedowns!

Patterns: Not Applicable

For the little sho-me flasher that I use with this bar, it does fine. The MSB has no built in patterns, so it cannot be accurately judged in this section.

Off-Axis Light Dispersion: C+

Here's the only issue I could find with the MSB. There is almost NO off axis light thrown from the light. Now, granted, at night, I really don't care, because it throws light about 500 feet down the road and anybody with half a mind is gonna see that from the side. However, maybe this is something MicroMan could consider? Maybe some type of linear optic?

Front Light Dispersion: A+

Excellent. The amount of light outputted from a head on interaction with this bar is enough to WILL you to move out of the way. You really don't want this thing behind you for too long.

Effectiveness as a Primary Warning Light: A

I am going to cover my whole vehicle with these. They really are awesome for an emergency application. I also hope to get some for takedowns/spots as well!

Overall Grade: A

An excellent product from MicroMan Industries. I would highly recommend!
:thumbsup:

(Oh and for any whackers out there, those are Whelen LAWs in the DRLs and an SVP ULB9 above the RVM)

Over and out.

--

Respectfully submitted,

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Can you take a video in daytime further away than 10 feet? That is one thing I do not see a lot of. Everyone takes daytime videos right up close. :thumbsup:

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
Zapp Brannigan said:
Can you take a video in daytime further away than 10 feet? That is one thing I do not see a lot of. Everyone takes daytime videos right up close. :thumbsup:

Here is one:

Ipuvaepe

Jun 25, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Hoff said:
Here is one:
Anyone know if that is 1w or 3w? Video description doesn't say.

mpaine

Dec 20, 2011
USA
My MicroMan bar is also now for sale. Just wanted to see what it was like. Now I find myself in a financial crisis. Check my classifieds for a price!

Az_Medic

Mar 30, 2011
US AZ
I really like the brightness of these bars. However where I think they are lacking is mounting options. No flashback shields????

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.