Mini Jetstream

EL1998P71

May 23, 2010
Sterling Heights Mich
I recently won this NOS Mini jet off of Ebay.

The bar is mint on the inside, but the dome shows signs of being moved around.

But since it was poorly packed, it could've been mint before hand.

The auction only showed 2 amber filters.

But when I got it, I got 2 new Endcap filters in red, 2 used endcap filters with alleys in red,

4 used red filters, 4 new red filters, and 2 new amber and 2 new clear filters too.

The mounting feet part on the bottom has an uncut filler. Full length cord.

Both rotators are 9 VDC, so the 175 FPM ones.

To some this may not be as old as many, but since a majority of the filters and parts are now listed as

Obsolete on federal's price list this is on the verge of being old.

ai227.photobucket.com_albums_dd151_EL1998P71_meters024.jpg

ai227.photobucket.com_albums_dd151_EL1998P71_meters022.jpg

ai227.photobucket.com_albums_dd151_EL1998P71_meters027.jpg

ai227.photobucket.com_albums_dd151_EL1998P71_meters020.jpg

And here's the tag. Is this a New York Version? If so, what would it have gone on?

(The seller was in NC)

The V mirror is not listed in the catalogs we got at work.

ai227.photobucket.com_albums_dd151_EL1998P71_meters021.jpg

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
EL1998P71 said:
How should it be set up?

Ive seen a few NYPD set ups, for all I can remember lesn-wis was

R|A|A|R rear

R R

R|A|A|R front

the endcaps had alley cut outs.

but insides wer configured

| |RF|RF| |

|rot \ / rot |

I thought some had TD instead of the mirrors to the front, so rear flashers and takedowns along with 2 rotators, very effective package

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
That's a nice looking mini Jetstream. I have one too, 90 fpm rotators, V-mirrors, red lens, motors marked 1998, overall condition is excellent. It is certainly the "newest" item in my collection, but it is in great shape and I like it. Can't say that I'm a fan of the 175 fpm rotators, just too fast for the human eye in my opinion. What you have is department specific, if it were mine, I'd do my best to restore it to its original configuration.

May 22, 2010
New York City
i seen it setup too many different ways...........depends if it was on a cushman or a truck ,van etc........

google some pics its easier to see what you like

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
The majority of the ones I seen when I was growing up, where the internal configuration like yours. The lenses where:

R-C-C-R

R R

R-A-A-R

That said, nice bar! My uncle bought a used one with the TD and rear flashers back around '96-'98. It was a sweet little bar.

AerodyMANIAC

May 1, 2012
Northeast
The some cushman scooters had takdown lights in the bar and some just had none.

And some had alley light cut outs with no alleys and some had all red end lens...

if i remember right...i was young then

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.