Mini T4 Emergency Warning LED Light Bar - 4 Head

DEAHEAT

Apr 5, 2016
CFL
Looking at CPS authority Mini T4 since he offers custom options along with steady burn which I need for cruising. I mainly need a mini bar for patrol routes and magnetic just makes perfect sense.

199 with free shipping and amazing quality. I was looking at STL clearance but the 30 day warranty was a big turn off.

Any input?

Mini T4 LED Emergency Warning LED Light Bar - 4 Heads

The Mini T4 emergency warning led light bar is a extremely bright and affordable means of providing a complete 360 degree warning light for your emergency vehicle. The light bar consists of four T4 led light heads in the front and rear of the light bar with each warning module having 4 high intensity 1 watt Generation III LEDs. Each end cap has three additional high intensity 1 watt LEDs for full corner warning light coverage. The Mini T4 - 4 Head Light bar has a total of 30 high intensity LEDs. Don't let the small size fool you, the warning bar packs a powerful punch of warning light and will certainly give you the attention you need for public safety.

The unit is constructed of a light weight heavy duty aluminum body to endure all different types of weather conditions. Each module is sealed to ensure a complete waterproof warning bar. The sleek low profile design allows for minimal road noise and matches the vehicle well unlike having a huge bulky light bar.

Each mini light bar comes with 15.5 feet of cable with an attached cigar plug to make installation super easy. An additional flash pattern switch is also installed on the cigar plug to allow you to change warning flash patterns on the fly.

So you want flash patterns? We have programmed the LED flasher to hold 28 different warning flash patterns; this also includes Steady Burn and a Random Flash pattern.

The installation of this mini led light bar is extremely easy; at most a 15 minute installation! The mini bar mounts to the top of the vehicle by using 4 high strength 60lb magnets. Once all four magnets are in contact with metal, it takes some strength pulling them off. We have conducted many long hour driving tests of various types of rough driving conditions and speeds to ensure the strength of the hold. Each magnet is cover with a rubber shield to ensure no scratches to your vehicle. Once you have the light bar in place, simply route the wiring to the inside of the vehicle, plug into the cigar plug, and you are ready to go!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
do a search for CPS on this forum....

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Nobody here buys them.... That's why there are no recent reviews.....

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Nobody from this FORUM buys them.... They gave horrible customer service reviews.....

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
CPS Authority does not have a good reputation. You don't see their products regularly on emergency vehicle because they dont holdup and from others' experience, the customer service is lacking.

STL is literally the butt of all jokes here. Three or four people here will say they have had good luck with STL, but nobody else will. I try to talk anyone I can out of buying STL stuff.

Personally I have no experience with either brand nor will that change. I have no desire to put myself and others at risk because I decided to cheap out on safety equipment. You don't climb a mountain with carabiners from the dollar store, and putting a cheap junk light on your vehicle is the equivalent. Honestly, I remember a thread here showing that those brands dont typically have their lights SAE or the like tested and approved, meaning if theres an accident because your equipment wasnt effective or failed, its only going to hurt you further.

What exactly is this light intended for? Theres plenty of lights available from reputable companies (not Just Whelen, Federal, SOS, Code3, Feniex.. But also from places like Advanced Warning Lights and Strobes n More who have their own lines of equipment and great service to back them) that are affordable. For example, A Whelen Responder LP can be had for about $200 or so, and has a pattern override function so you can set a steady burn as your secondary pattern and just activate it when you need it, like it sounds like you are looking to do. Perhaps consider posting a WANTED ad in the proper subforum, describing what you are looking for, what functions you need, and what price range you are looking for.

Welcome to eLightbars!

DEAHEAT

Apr 5, 2016
CFL
CPS Authority does not have a good reputation. You don't see their products regularly on emergency vehicle because they dont holdup and from others' experience, the customer service is lacking.

STL is literally the butt of all jokes here. Three or four people here will say they have had good luck with STL, but nobody else will. I try to talk anyone I can out of buying STL stuff.

Personally I have no experience with either brand nor will that change. I have no desire to put myself and others at risk because I decided to cheap out on safety equipment. You don't climb a mountain with carabiners from the dollar store, and putting a cheap junk light on your vehicle is the equivalent. Honestly, I remember a thread here showing that those brands dont typically have their lights SAE or the like tested and approved, meaning if theres an accident because your equipment wasnt effective or failed, its only going to hurt you further.

What exactly is this light intended for? Theres plenty of lights available from reputable companies (not Just Whelen, Federal, SOS, Code3, Feniex.. But also from places like Advanced Warning Lights and Strobes n More who have their own lines of equipment and great service to back them) that are affordable. For example, A Whelen Responder LP can be had for about $200 or so, and has a pattern override function so you can set a steady burn as your secondary pattern and just activate it when you need it, like it sounds like you are looking to do. Perhaps consider posting a WANTED ad in the proper subforum, describing what you are looking for, what functions you need, and what price range you are looking for.

Welcome to eLightbars!

Mainly just for patrols at contracted locations. Really just want cruise end caps steady but only higher end models offer that feature. When we check out certain properties such as car dealership we don't want to advertise our presence. It would be good to do a steady on when checking out a property in case I had to call it in. Flashing lights just says hey i'm here and hey i'm leaving. I have had to pull traffic a few times with my shitty china dash lights at night that worked just fine. I am looking more for the light bar as a presence on a unmarked car without it being activated. Its funny you say that he has done a few LE patrol cars including the chief in his area. A lot of the youtube videos have good reviews and they seem very good for the money. Only thing I could compare this 20" TIR Mirage by extreme which doesn't have steady but has a 5 year warranty.

http://www.extremetacticaldynamics.com/mirage-tir-led-mini-light-bar-p-231.html

A lot of people have nothing but good things to say about STL but just like anything you are going to have a few bad apples. Sadly the Code 3 and Whelen mini justice don't go for the look I want and the price is outrageous IMO. Looking for a nice budget mini magnet light bar. I figure if i got a year or so out of it then it paid for itself. 199 with free shipping and his customer service towards me has been amazing.

DEAHEAT

Apr 5, 2016
CFL
Also for the record a friend recommend me to this site and said everyone was biased from the get.

We shall see though boys we shall see.

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
Also for the record a friend recommend me to this site and said everyone knew what they were talking about.

Fixed that for ya.... And yeah, having been personally burned by those lower-end products before I found this site, I am biased against CPS & STL. Although i prefer to think of it as "smarter after having been screwed", but whatever.

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Also for the record a friend recommend me to this site and said everyone was biased from the get.

Hello and welcome to ELB.

I'm not going to attack you, nor am I going to attack CPS, or STL or ETD. However, I am simply going to point out that this site is a collection of professionals, along with many non-professionals and some younger members who just don't care and think they know more than the rest.

No worries. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that is their right, however opinion doesn't trump experience. Never has; never will.

With that said, you came on here asking for input and that is what you received. Don't complain when it wasn't what you wanted to hear. Feedback is good, and in this case, it's free. They are trying to help you from getting burned.

I can tell me kids 100 times not to do something. The temptation will always be there though. Once they give into the temptation and get "burned", then they'll remember it for the rest of their lives. Lesson learned on the first try, even though I said it 100 times. Hmm.

Same case here. We've all been tempted and eventually gave into that temptation. No one has the exact same experience, and in this case, the light might work perfectly for you, however, those that have gone before you have given their input (which you requested), and have given you forewarning. Do whatever you want with the information, but do come back and be a good sport and help other people when they inquire about feedback, which you can offer (from experience).

Offer your critique, whether it be positive or negative, but don't mock others for their bad experience. I guarantee you that if they didn't know about the company beforehand, they wished someone would have told them.

You came on here to ask strangers about a "good buy". Why didn't you just make the purchase unless something in the back of your head said "wait a minute!" Logically, you have some doubts. That's not our fault and you might be wise to listen, both to yourself and to others. If not, it's only money, right?

Good luck,
Tony

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL

If biased means that we know better than to waste our time and money with crap China lights like STL, CPS, ETD, ect... then yes, we are biased.

You are looking at this $199 CPS light which you will be happy to get a year out of. Or you could buy a Feniex Cobra mini bar for $239 that will give you 5+ years.

DEAHEAT

Apr 5, 2016
CFL
Considering no one on here actually owned one....

I bet you guys don't like Taurus and say its junk and I will get burned right?

The cobra mini is not a 22" and is not what I am looking for.

Could it possible be you get what you pay for?

If this forum consists of members of exclusive high end brands why would someone from the low end brand stick around?

I never stated I know more then the rest just at the point I am now forking over a couple hundred when its not necessary doesn't make too much sense.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Yes, I would tell you to avoid a Taurus lol

We don't have to own them to know they suck because we see others, many of them customers that are wanting to upgrade to a premium brand that have them and know the output and reliability do not compare to the premium brands.

You really do get what you pay for.

DEAHEAT

Apr 5, 2016
CFL
Yes, I would tell you to avoid a Taurus lol

We don't have to own them to know they suck because we see others, many of them customers that are wanting to upgrade to a premium brand that have them and know the output and reliability do not compare to the premium brands.

You really do get what you pay for.

Well I have owned Taurus over the years with no problems and recommended to 3 of my friends. Also they offer a life time warranty regardless of the owner unlike many other makers.

STL has an amazing rating with the BBB

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
The Bibb ratings can be bought.

I own a Taurus 380. It's rated as one of the best subcompacts except for the hollow point loading issue

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Well I have owned Taurus over the years with no problems and recommended to 3 of my friends. Also they offer a life time warranty regardless of the owner unlike many other makers.

STL has an amazing rating with the BBB

Getting off topic, but a lot of good a lifetime warranty is when the gun malfunctions when you need it most. I don't cheap out on things that my life could depend on.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
awww.relatably.com_m_img_memes_eating_popcorn_fguox1.jpg

I've been personally burned on their and other sub par manufactured products- more than a few times. I even gave the benefit of the doubt to one company mentioned 3 times in over 8 years.

There were considerable amounts of negative reviews from many, many members on the old forums (forum crashes wiped that content out sadly). Heck, some of the vendors mentioned in this thread already have been outright banned from membership on here long ago, and never returned.

Regardless what you think (and I already know what I think of you...
I suspect you are trying to drum up business for a sub par company, no one comes along singing praises as much as you are without some connection
) you should probably listen to the information persons are providing here. Why would you come here if you were "warned" about the membership? Was/is your goal to get the general membership angry with you?

I'll leave you with this bit of information. Do some research.. and try to answer why some companies mentioned in this thread have changed their company name.. oh... 2-5 times since they started selling, or why their websites don't clearly list a mailing address/ etc..

Regardless whatever you do purchase, good luck. All manufacturers including (as you called it) the "high end brands" have failures. Where things get questionable is when only the "low end" has a much higher failure rate and sub par assembly compared to the "higher end". I won't even discuss the incidences of outright lying about product specs (claiming 3 watt leds, turns out to be 1 watt diodes, etc)

Honestly, you can find a good used bar here for the same price you are going to spend on a sub par item. And when that year is up, you will have a much better opportunity to turn around and sell it for money as it will still be functioning well, have a warranty and be a "name brand" others will be willing to purchase.

Oh and welcome. Enjoy your stay. I'm here at random.

Reactions: PJD642

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadlad

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.