Wanted Minitor 5 Amp Base(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
ISO a couple Minitor 5 amplification charging bases.

Trying to start a project with getting an alert/klaxon system put into my dept. since we're getting a bunk room. Going to make an attempt on the one using an amp base, plus wanting one for myself and can't seem to find them anywhere.

I/We are just needing the bases, we have all the pagers.

I honestly have no idea how much these cost but I'm trying to stay under/around $90 a piece but I am more than willing to negotiate.

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
ISO a couple Minitor 5 amplification charging bases.

Trying to start a project with getting an alert/klaxon system put into my dept. since we're getting a bunk room. Going to make an attempt on the one using an amp base, plus wanting one for myself and can't seem to find them anywhere.

I/We are just needing the bases, we have all the pagers.

I honestly have no idea how much these cost but I'm trying to stay under/around $90 a piece but I am more than willing to negotiate.
There are three different Buy It Now listings on Ebay right now. One is for $95, another is $90, and the last is $75, all with free shipping. (The $90 one doesn't have the power pack, or at least I read the auction that way. You'd want to check with the seller to be sure.) All three listings each have more than 10 units available. List price is right around $90 to $95.

Just found another for $99 plus $8.50 shipping - a little pricey, but....

FWIW, the only difference between a UHF RLN5706 and a VHF RLN5705 is the antenna length. You can always find the right antenna if needed.

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
Why not pick up a minitor II and amp base. You could have everything set up with that for under $50

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
Why not pick up a minitor II and amp base. You could have everything set up with that for under $50
Your are forgetting the cost of crystals, tone reeds, and a trip to the bench for tuning and adjustment for narrowband. That will put the cost well beyond his $90 target.

The wideband II's are fine on High Band and UHF in rural applications *IF* there are no adjacent channels or harmonic channels.

The V's can do 8 tone pairs, 4 long tones, on/off duty and more. Plus they are narrowband compliant which is important if the system is VHF high band or UHF.

Since the OP already has the V's, adding the charger amp for a station alert system is a much better choice.

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
He's not transmitting so the narrow band compliance is moot except if there were adjacent frequencies. You can pick up a pager and amp for under $30 plus $20 for crystals and reeds. I believe the analog receive of the IIs are superior to the newer ones, at least on low vhf.

Just throwing an idea out there

justavillain

Mar 7, 2013
Grand Rapids
We had a ton of issues when we went narrow on our 5s went back to wide and it worked fine. No issues with the next closest set the same iirc about 75 miles away. Our Township dedicated channel is only 40 miles and we can get skip at times but not normally.

A minitor 4/amp is another choice I picked up the amp on ebay for 50$ but the cost of programming if the dept doesn't can add cost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.