Minitor V SV Question

towlercd

Jun 10, 2010
Potsdam, NY USA
We have been having a problem with our Minitor V SV pagers. After a page comes across and it alerts, there is a 5-10 second burst of loud static during the delay before the dispatcher starts talking, this is worse (longer) if multiple departments are being paged at once. It is extremely annoying, disruptive, and driving our local dispatcher up the wall since it is how they receive the call from county central. We have access to programming software/cradle, does anyone know what setting needs to be changed to get rid of the static? Our non stored voice ones do not have this issue. Thanks in advance.

Ultimate D

Feb 25, 2011
Central Arkansas
towlercd said:
We have been having a problem with our Minitor V SV pagers. After a page comes across and it alerts, there is a 5-10 second burst of loud static during the delay before the dispatcher starts talking, this is worse (longer) if multiple departments are being paged at once. It is extremely annoying, disruptive, and driving our local dispatcher up the wall since it is how they receive the call from county central. We have access to programming software/cradle, does anyone know what setting needs to be changed to get rid of the static? Our non stored voice ones do not have this issue. Thanks in advance.

The burst of static you are referring to is actually part of the "SV" or Stored-voice feature. During that "static" the pager is waiting and recording any audio that comes across during those 5-10 seconds, in my experience, if the "static" stops before the message is delivered, or someone keys up, the pager does not record that audio. That is why only your SV pagers are having this issue. I believe you can set in the programming how long it stays in the recording state, although I am not completly sure. Hope this helps out! Our chief does all of our programming, I will ask him about it next time I see him.

Bigassfireman

May 23, 2010
U. S. of A. Ohio
^ That is correct. If you take out that period of "static", you will lose the voice storage. The easiest fix is to explain to your dispatch center what is happening and ask them to begin talking as soon as the tones stop or set the next tones for the other departments immediately after yours. Unless your dispatch is like ours, then you are on your own.

wkr518

May 22, 2010
42.791127, -73.679758
A neighboring county dispatch is notorious for dropping tones,opening pager,getting dead air on open carrier and then putting information out. Most of those pagers using stored voice are set to dynamic.Plus they drop mutual aid calls via each individual tone set rather than a group call mutual aid set.

Thank God they don't start counting down the reactivation time until the dispatcher shuts up and gives the infos on the initial alert page.

towlercd

Jun 10, 2010
Potsdam, NY USA
Thanks everyone, that is what I was afraid of. And yes, our dispatch is like that too and explaining/asking such a thing will get no where fast, so I think we are stuck with it.

mojo3120

May 24, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Ultimate D said:
I believe you can set in the programming how long it stays in the recording state, although I am not completly sure.

Yes, Revert N, N is the number of seconds it waits for the dispatcher to key up (number of seconds you get open squelch).

So if N is set to 15, your tones go out and no one keys up for 15 seconds, you get 15 seconds of open squelch (and call isn't recorded).

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.