Mobile/Handheld ticket printers

zacmtz7

May 21, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Looking for names/brands of mobile ticket printers. We are wanting to get some and trying to get ideas. They want handheld ones with the ability to scan the driver's license and have the printer built in or a seperate pinter. PM me with your information.

I wouldn't waste my time with them, they just cost more money, and don't save that much time! It doesn't take that long to just hand write the ticket, plus you save money! With a pad and a pen there isn't anything to fail, with a ticket printer, you have lots more shit to fail!

Stay old school IMHO!

Not to mention, everything is going computer.... no papers to lose, get destroyed by water, easier to save digitally. It's not just about it working or not or a waste of money.

We've been using car mounted scanners and printers. They worked great until a software upgrade (downgrade IMHO :rolleyes: :mad: ). Now, they don't work worth a shit. If the person had their DL and registration card in decent shape (not all rubbed off or torn up, the scanners don't work if the barcode is crappy), I could get a ticket done in less than 3-4 minutes, the whole T-stop in under 5-6. They were quick!!

My Department uses equipment from http://www.brazostech.com/ They are a company out of College Station, TX and have converted several Departments in the Bexar County area to the eTicket Writers. I love 'em. The company is fairly responsive to requests, although sometimes they do need a little prodding -- after all, they ARE Aggies! ;)

How big is your agency?

How many tix are written on average per month or year?

MC55 or MC75 eCitation by Motorola

Your local Motorola Dealer can get you pricing. Also check any State Contracts.

The stuff is not cheap,anywheres between $24K to $50K for a system with devices,backoffice servers etc

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381