mobile radio for 02 dodge dakota

emtfirebug

Jun 26, 2012
Monmouth County NJ
ive got an 02 dodge dakota im looking to mount a mobile radio under the dash by my radio. does any1 have any suggestions of what to get or where to buy i need a vhf with at least 32 programmable channels. my department does not have any mobile to give out nor will the town supply for all line officers

bwoodruff

Aug 8, 2011
Upstate NY
I would recommend a Motorola CDM1250. I own three of them (low band, VHF, and UHF) and they are excellent radios. You can find them on eBay for $250 - $350 depending on any options. You may want one with a remote head for easier mounting.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Whatever you get, make sure that the radio will comply with the new narrowbanding requirements that will take effect after the first of the year. All radio classes are being required to go through this mandated update. I just found one website that has been helpful. He's in California, so his prices may be a bit high. Check out: Surplus Two Way Radios. And remember, even with the narrowbanding requirements, you need to find out if you're system is operating with a repeater or not. If so, you'll need to know (a) Transmit freq., ( B) Receive freq., and © the sub-audible tone that keys the repeater.

If you can make contact with board member Jordan Phillips, he works at a radio shop and would be more help with specifics than I can.

bwoodruff

Aug 8, 2011
Upstate NY
For the record, the CDM series will do 12.5 kHz bandwidth ("narrowband").

You'll need to know the frequencies(s) and PL/DPL tones for each channel you want programmed. You can likely find them here:

Monmouth County, New Jersey (NJ) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Be sure to select the option to make Input Frequencies "shown" (this gives you the transmit frequency -- the receive frequency is what is already shown without selecting that option). Most of your channels are simplex (same transmit and receive frequency) but some are duplex/repeated (two different frequencies -- one for receive and one for transmit).

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helmi

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.