Mohawk Ambulance

Wigwam700

May 25, 2011
New York Adirondacks US
Mohawk Ambulance running code 3 in the middle lane on I90 outside Albany NY?

DSCF0101.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Skip Goulet

Wigwam700

May 25, 2011
New York Adirondacks US
That's the NICU/PICU Unit. Also you can see the Albany Medical Center "The Children's Hospital" logo on there. I believe it replaced this:

ai58.tinypic.com_ae70nr.jpg

Most of their rigs are like this:

afarm4.staticflickr.com_3841_14418822471_82d2c32ac3_c.jpgMAS32 by witkowski.andrewb, on Flickr
Actually the photo I took was of ambulance 33, your photo if of ambulance 29 and the license numbers are different.

Last edited by a moderator:

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
More then 1 what? Children's Hospital Ambulance or box ambulance? They do have a very few number of box ambulances but like I said, MOST of their rigs are vanmbulances. Also I found out they still have Ambulance 29 but most NICU/PICU operations are done with the new rig.

Here's a better shot of 33:

DSC_9364 copy.jpg

Reactions: Wigwam700

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Who is the Type II built by?  The lighting package looks a lot like the old Collins rigs.  I had a '78 Collins Type III that had special built-in lights that were old TwinSonics that had been re-done by Collins.

Reactions: Wigwam700

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.